New Album Discussion: Worthwhile, Informative, And Not Even Slightly Grating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only glimmer of hope for a new album within the next two years is Edge admitting that they had loads of material, but no decision on which direction they might go with it. I can't find the article now, but it seems to me it was late last year or very early this year.

...We've gotten so off-topic, we've looped back to discussing the new album.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN

You don't make friends with RedOne!

Well, they have regained and amplified their seriousness this decade, and everything Bono says sounds like a rehearsed soundbite that is supposed to be "profound". They do seem inhuman these days, more so than any band I can think of. They used to seem like actual people, not so much these days. Which isn't to say they aren't, they just don't show that side anymore. They should show their humour, because they are funny.

Did you just come through a time machine from 1988?

The only glimmer of hope for a new album within the next two years is Edge admitting that they had loads of material, but no decision on which direction they might go with it. I can't find the article now, but it seems to me it was late last year or very early this year.

But when he said it:

"We're enjoying that moment where things haven't fully come into focus and we could take it in a number of different directions."

(thanks for your link)

... fans didn't react with a glimmer of hope. Most people were: omg onooooz!! :crazy:

The hope for me is that Edge claimed they had loads of material. That is a lot different than Bono claiming it. :wink:

The hope for me is that Edge claimed they had loads of material. That is a lot different than Bono claiming it. :wink:

:giggle:

I'm afraid it will take them at least four years now, also because they probably don't want to tour one or two years after this long tour. And it's not like them to release an album without touring.

I do admit that there is nothing urgent to push them to release anything soon, as their next tour will be a massive money maker whenever it happens (world economy willing).

I went to see Spiderman last night and sat right behind me was Steve Lillywhite! I said hi at the end, said it was a pleasure to meet him and said how much I enjoyed the show. As soon as he walked off I swore out loud that I hadn't thought fast enough to ask him anything about U2's album plans and whether he knew anything (or if he would be working on it). Sorry guys :doh:

Yeah I did, although I'm well aware it had its flaws and a fair bit of the music was pretty forgettable. I was more excited because I was at a big Broadway musical (being from England, that's quite a thrill in itself).

Also, I'm not particularly well-versed in musical theatre so I couldn't really be that objective.

Yeah I did, although I'm well aware it had its flaws and a fair bit of the music was pretty forgettable. I was more excited because I was at a big Broadway musical (being from England, that's quite a thrill in itself).

Also, I'm not particularly well-versed in musical theatre so I couldn't really be that objective.

that's good to hear. i'm glad it seems they fixed a lot of it.

i'd love to see it at some point, even beyond the Bono parts.

even beyond the Bono parts.

They show Bono's parts??

Just wait 'til PLEBA gets word of this.

bono-hands-in-pants.jpg

Back
Top Bottom