New Album Discussion 10 - Songs of Sir, this is a Wendy's, durr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Assuming these shows will have a “B-Stage pause” like Zoo did, where they do old songs SOS-style, before they go back to the Zoo visual assault.

Assuming these shows will have a “B-Stage pause” like Zoo did, where they do old songs SOS-style, before they go back to the Zoo visual assault.

That could be the best way to tie in SOS, a 4 song or so interlude, give Danny Carey/Tommy Lee/Matt Cameron/Jimmy Chamberlin a break and then back to what everyone wants to see/hear.

They haven't toured since the release of Your Song Saved My Life...conundrum solved.

That's what the SOS bit means, the entire setlist will consist of 40 different arrangements of Your Song Saved My Life. Perfect!

I didn’t buy into the poor vocal of WOWY thing. I thought it was good - this one is a bit up and down. I like the end again. I quite like the overall vibe of the project. I think it’s a greater than the sum of its parts kind of deal, because each song that comes out makes me feel a bit more connected to it even though this isn’t setting my world on fire

Last edited:
Wonder if that’s going to be the song in the commercial, as all the social stuff has been audio-less so far

I didn’t buy into the poor vocal of WOWY thing. I thought it was good - this one is a bit up and down. I like the end again. I quite like the overall vibe of the project. I think it’s a greater than the sum of its parts kind of deal, because each song that comes out makes me feel a bit more connected to it even though this isn’t setting my world on fire

That’s pretty much where I am with it too after hearing One.

I’m not sure I understand the criticism of Bono’s vocals on these given just how much criticism there’s been for a long time now about how polished & tweaked the production on recent records has been.

Is this not what we’ve (kind of) wanted?

One was always a bathroom break song for me during concerts. Love the album version and it sounds particularly great when it’s on classic rock stations but it always felt “played out” for me. This version is no different in that sense. Does nothing for me either way.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I understand the criticism of Bono’s vocals on these given just how much criticism there’s been for a long time now about how polished & tweaked the production on recent records has been.

Is this not what we’ve (kind of) wanted?

That’s very true. I suppose for me there’s a difference though between natural sounding and the kind of whiny strain he gets sometimes. He can belt it out live so there’s no reason it shows up so much on record unless it is stylistic. I suppose it’s why I say the more songs that get released the more this project starts to form a definitive shape.

Turns out the governments of the world have just been shooting down U2 Vegas Promo Balloons

Back
Top Bottom