New Album could look like this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
From what we have heard & seen recently and Mercy being rehersed maybe an album before Xmas could start to look like this:-

1. Stingray
2. Soon
3. Turn out the Dark (Spiderman)
4. Mercy
5. Every Breaking Wave
6. Glastonbury
7. North Star

From what we have heard & seen recently

Where did you hear Turn Off The Dark? You don't work with GMA by any chance do you? I'm not saying that they will air that particular song out of the dozen of tracks U2 has written for the musical but if you've heard it, what's it like?

Where did you hear Turn Off The Dark? You don't work with GMA by any chance do you? I'm not saying that they will air that particular song out of the dozen of tracks U2 has written for the musical but if you've heard it, what's it like?

Just goto the spiderman musical website where you can hear it playing the background

Just goto the spiderman musical website where you can hear it playing the background

I thought we decided that was Boy Falling From The Sky, not the title track? :huh:

"I also liked the title ballad, "Turn Off The Dark," a minor-chord metaphor for heroism"
Source: Scatter o' Light: inside the preview of "spider-man: turn off the dark" with u2's bono and the edge

Glad I didn't miss out on anything, I'm looking forward to this project being realized and can't wait for Friday.

I thought we decided that was Boy Falling From The Sky, not the title track? :huh:

Glad I didn't miss out on anything, I'm looking forward to this project being realized and can't wait for Friday.

Sorry my mistake then i will update it the first post to the correct song!

Cant seem to edit it but track 3 should read "Boy falls from the sky"

The band continues to refer to the projects as individual entities, I don't see them shoving them all in a blender and releasing the result.

If there are at least two albums, then it'll probably be more like this:

SOA:
1. Soon
2. Every Breaking Wave
3. North Star
4. Mercy
5. ???
etc.

Rock album:
1. Return of the Stingray Guitar
2. Glastonbury
3. ???
etc.

So we've only really heard a fraction of the songs that they apparently have saved back for their next project(s). I doubt that they'll try to combine SOA and the rock album, or at least I hope they don't (unless it's a double album). And then there's that club music album that Bono has mentioned, but who knows anything about that at this point?

And then,
Spiderman Album that I Really Don't Care About:
1. Spiderman song
2. Spiderman song
etc.

I'm for anything now. I'm not even asking for SOA as it was originally conceived. But put out something good, conceptually and sonically (minimally) cohesive and... ASAP.

Lirically, "Glastonbury" seems to fit the idea of pilgrimage thought for SOA. If well produced enough to fit with the more atmospheric songs, at this point, I won't mind if U2 release an album that has a strict concept (or that has a guiding line, at least) that includes more rocking songs like "Glastonbury" or "Mercy".

An EP maybe. A U2 album needs at least 10 songs.
Agreed. On another note, I honestly think SOA (or whatever it is they're working on) is going to end up following Zooropa's path: planned as an EP and expanding to a full album over time.

Pardon me for being out of the loop, but what's happening on Friday?

Agreed. On another note, I honestly think SOA (or whatever it is they're working on) is going to end up following Zooropa's path: planned as an EP and expanding to a full album over time.

Pardon me for being out of the loop, but what's happening on Friday?

I believe Reeve Carney is performing one of the songs off the Spiderman soundtrack on Good morning America.

From what we have heard & seen recently and Mercy being rehersed maybe an album before Xmas could start to look like this:-

1. Stingray
2. Soon
4. Mercy
5. Every Breaking Wave
6. Glastonbury
7. North Star

Seriously doubt it.

I really doubt we'll see the Spiderman songs sprinkled into U2 releases, especially since the show is now moving forward.

I also doubt Stingray will show up on an album with 'Soon' and 'North Star', I think that song will show up on the "rock" or "club" project.

1. Stingray
2. Soon
4. Mercy
5. Every Breaking Wave
6. Glastonbury
7. North Star

Please no Spiderman song! That's typical HTDAAB garbage. Sounds catchy at first, but it's utterly superficial. Same with those Led Zep style songs like Stingray and Glastonbury. Trash.

U2 is pissing me off with its cowardice.

I hope Songs of Ascent will be awesome and contain great versions of Mercy and perhaps Every Breaking Wave, but they both better be 3 times better than they currently are! Soon's pretty cool, though even it could use some variation and improvement.

I definately see Soon being on there, especially if we get the SOA that was originally described. We don't know if that was the full version, and once again, how many have turntables?

Why would they possibly re-use a 2 minute tour intro, already released on a LP ?

Why wouldn't they?

:shrug:

And it was a single, not an LP, only available at a high cost, and that few can actually listen to. So yeah.

It's not like they're using a track that was already on another album as filler for this one.

LP - vinyl disc "LP", not album "LP". Sorry for any confusion, cori.

Nielsgov: true, it was nicely done in the live shows. It was officially released, though.

Maybe Soon was only a part of "Kingdom of your love" (which was said to be a part of SOA according to Edge), and Kingdom will be released..?

I see no reason why Soon couldn't be on an album. If it were a full song, maybe then some would see that as a bit of a rip off or something, but it's just a little intro or interlude or whatever. I doubt it will be on there, but I see no reason for it not to be.

I don't really count Stingray as anything.

Maybe it's something like Coldplay's "Life In Technicolor". I mean, maybe "Soon" is the shorter version and "Kingdom Of Your Love" is the full lenght with extended lyrics version.

Maybe it's something like Coldplay's "Life In Technicolor". I mean, maybe "Soon" is the shorter version and "Kingdom Of Your Love" is the full lenght with extended lyrics version.

This is also what I've though too. There was the song listed as Kingdom of Your Love before, and then there was Kingdom on printed setlists which we know was Soon. (I can't remember at the moment if the name KOYL was printed on any setlists?) We didn't see it referred to as Soon until the little orange vinyl.

I think the only sure bets on a new album are North Star and Every Breaking Wave.

Back
Top Bottom