New album appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Garrison

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Thats right guys and dolls, this is the place where all the junkies go...no wait, this is the place to show your appreciation for the IMPENDING new u2 album!!!

It can be dark, funny, romantic, funny, rocking (edge is on fire again LOL!!!), dramatic, gay, melodic, hispanic, bleak, and sensual. But no matter what it is its U2(!) guys so we are going to love this new album when it comes out (next october if were lucky just in time for the christmas sales push to ensure a big #1 on the billboard and soundscan)!!!

Personally i think we need to start off with a bang and i mean BANG with a rocking lead single (teh real EDGE is on fire guys, not to be confused with teh fake edge who may or may not be posting here!!!) that is sure to play to 13 year old boys and girls who have all the purchasing power. Then something a bit introspective for all the geezers out there, or anyone over 35. Then a couple of midtempo songs that start off slow but build into some percolating spiritual urgency and have underlying themes about Africa, GLobal Warming, War, etc...

And along the way there has to be a couple of sweet honey filled songs about monkeys in trees and swarms and bees. And there really should be a song promoting lesbian love, because as a former gay man turned woman and (sometimes) les-bo im really tired of all this "man and a woman" shite, lets hear it for the not so straight and narroW!!

And we can always close the album with an ode to Jesus, God, Diamondbruno9, and maybe even Donald Duck for good measure, just to cover all the bases.

I love you all so much! Discuss!

:drool:

I loved edge's and adam's guitar duel at 1:40 on the track ' Magic Capets Of Arabia and Spoons of Dublin'

Mrs. Garrison said:

It can be dark, funny, romantic, funny, rocking (edge is on fire again LOL!!!), dramatic, gay, melodic, hispanic, bleak, and sensual.

I wonder what a gay U2 album would sound like:hmm:

Guys, I've heard the new album and it's amazing, it will knock your socks right the hell off!!! Just wait!!!!!

i heard bono saying something to the effect that "this album is the sound of four men playing in a room together after 25 years for the first time."

i can support the claim that the edge is on "fire", as i too have heard such reports, usually from bono.

The Sad Punk said:
Guys this album is so good to listen to when you're high. Best thing since those Young Modern demos. :drool:

You win. :lmao:

AH Yes, the new u2 album isnt just a release date its an event!!!!!!

its kind of like going to the grocery store to buy your rations, and teh kids bagging your grub ask you "paper or plastic". Except with u2, you get both!

:drool: :larry: :adam: :der: :rant: :edge: :sick: :applaud: :blahblah: :camera:

Guys, I've been sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth, and carving "U2" into my left arm with a rusty fork. I'm hoping to be finished by the time the album is released. I'm not worried about tetanus because I've heard that the album actually has the power to sterilize wounds. Apparently it has something to do with the Edge being on fire, on Venus, with some punk rock, in a room with three other guys and the scent of a newborn baby's head and a burning desire to spread TEH MESSAGE.

The next 15 years are going to be amazing.

Quite frankley, this will be the best album ever!

300px-Stephen_A_Smith.jpg

Maybe Screamin A Smith could lend his voice to a few tracks. Bono's always known for his wailing OOOHHHHHH, WAAAHHHH, OOHHHHHH.

Maybe we can save Bono's voice a little bit by having Mr Smith step in. Of course where Bono has to build up the energy to belt out these sounds, Stephen A just has to talk.

BEAL said:
Maybe Screamin A Smith could lend his voice to a few tracks. Bono's always known for his wailing OOOHHHHHH, WAAAHHHH, OOHHHHHH.

Maybe we can save Bono's voice a little bit by having Mr Smith step in. Of course where Bono has to build up the energy to belt out these sounds, Stephen A just has to talk.

Of course, that'd be amazing.

Plus, everything he says is important.

I'M STEPHEN A., JUST SLIGHTLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN BONO
HIS NAME'S ALMOST AS GREAT AS SLAVA MEDVIDENKO
ALL THAT WORK BONO DOES IN AFRICA IS REAL HARD
DON'T CONFUSE ME WITH STEPHON, CAUSE HE'S A DAMN POINT GUARD

New Lyrics from latest U2 offering. Stephen A Smith has guest vocal.

Song

"Raising the temperature of the 4 band members souls in the room"

*clingy sounding guitar*

Bono -- 'Oh yeah, you know your heart aches and it breaks. The goal must be soul......Just go down to your knees and pray.........'

*soaring slide guitars, drums thumping louder and louder*

Smith -- 'SLLLLLLLAAAAAAVVVVAAAA MEEEEEDDDDVIDEEEEENKOOOOOOOOOO'

*song comes crashing down in a 30 second wash of guitars, bass, and drums*

Back
Top Bottom