New 30/45 sec. previews NLOTH! (Discussion Only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it Clipping ?

Maybe it's just because they are crappy mp3s, maybe it's my headphones, but I'd swear in both the short clips and in the available NLOTHs that there's a significant amount of clipping going on.

That would suck...........

Its just because they were spliced together from two separate mp3s. (walmart and the other site that posted them.)

If anyone feels like popping over to the request thread and send this to some more people :wave: (like me...)

i've a question :D

in crazy there's a line

Everybody need to cry or need to split??

Thanks! :D

I am listening through Sennheiser HD555 and HD650 and Westone UM2 and there is little to no clipping in NLOTH2. I have avoided the Walmart clips though, however it seems likely 128k mp3s would have significant clipping.

I have listened to the clips now several times---

I am really loving Magnificent -- it sounds very good. :drool:

I also think Stand Up and Breathe will be incredible-- I love Bono's singing in the two clips.

I am very intrigued by Unknown Caller and MOS but it's hard to tell anything from the two clips for these songs.

I can't wait to hear the album :drool:

Further listens

Tell you what - Crazy tonight has really suprised me!

Sounds awsome and I love the edge in this track - surely will rock live:drool:

I knew I was going to like Magnificent, Unkown Caller, Breathe from the beach clips - but all the tracks on this album are the best I have heard for a long time. By all reviews it seems MOS is going to really hit home when we get the album. Cedars is a great close - dark!

Cant wait to hear the whole album

Edge on Fire

ps For the tour I pray they bring back a sort of homecoming and TUF - I think they'll fit well. Time to give Bullet, Pride and NYD a rest

I went back and listened to the beach clips and I think those recordings are very misleading. Theres a certain sonic quality to the songs, and especially to the vocals when they are bouncing around inside a house and go out a window. It makes it sound like U2 is working with new sounds and totally masks the production quality of the recording. Its what made me think ABOY was going to be punk rock from venus.

Maybe U2 should actually look at the recordings of the beach clips over the years and try to get their next album to have some of that sonic quality, but I get the impression that not as much as changed from the time of the beach clips as we think has been changed.

It feels like everyone song is completely different from one another and that scares the hell out of me... is doesn't feel like an "album" to me... but of course I'll wait to hear whole thing...

But then again, maybe the first time i heard the last album I felt the same way... and I love it...

Maybe U2 should actually look at the recordings of the beach clips over the years and try to get their next album to have some of that sonic quality, but I get the impression that not as much as changed from the time of the beach clips as we think has been changed.

Hopefully.

But I wouldn't refer to any sonic quality regarding the beach clips. Man, you can hardly hear anything.

It feels like everyone song is completely different from one another and that scares the hell out of me... is doesn't feel like an "album" to me... but of course I'll wait to hear whole thing...

But then again, maybe the first time i heard the last album I felt the same way... and I love it...

Look at Unkown Caller, Fez and MoS. They all have a kind of relaxing ambient feel to them.

Back
Top Bottom