Neil McCormick comments on NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono is the least of my worries. If it was up to him, the U2 singer would take this album around to every house in the country and sell it door to door with a money back guarantee. He says 'No Line In The Horizon' is the album U2 always wanted to make. He always was an excitable fellow, but he might actually be right.

I like that. :up:

A disclaimer: look, I am well aware there are a lot of people out there who find The Man Who Saved The World (as he is known to close friends such as the Pope) (only kidding) a pompous, egotistic, over-bearing, messianic megalomaniac (I think that about covers it), and furthermore consider U2 to be overblown, over-rated stadium rockists with nary a hint of nuance or subtlety. Some of you read this blog and leave derogatory messages every time I mention Bono's name. Well, get over it. Yes, I like U2. Yes, I went to school with them and was a fan from before they were even U2, but only because they were great then, and they are great now.

And that. The guy should come to this board.

Thanks for posting the review. :up:

first off, thanks a million for posting this review by neil! :wink:

secondly, I HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL LOVE NEIL MCCORMICK!!!:heart::heart: His wit and the way he writes is just awesome.. I loved reading his book, Killing Bono it was wonderfully written with lots of humor. I thoroughly enjoyed it. He is a incredible writer... Anything he writes is just great.. hands down..

/endof gushing...

No worries.

It gives a very encouraging soundbite of NLOTH and further hints the sound has moved away from the previous two records.

this sounds more promising than ted connor's review... *cough

seriously though, could he have said any less with so many words? i'm pretty sure any of us could have said what he wrote and have been as honest about it.

this is the kind of review that I was hoping for....a U2 album that will take a few listens to figure out.:up:

I got to hear the new U2 album in its complete and final form. I can't say too much about it now, for fear that the skylight of my attic office would explode in a shower of glass and a black pvc clad figure descend from wires to seize my computer, leaving behind only a pair of blue tinted wraparound sunglasses.

Actually, I'd be more likely to find a drum stick rammed up my hard drive. Bono is the least of my worries. If it was up to him, the U2 singer would take this album around to every house in the country and sell it door to door with a money back guarantee. He says 'No Line In The Horizon' is the album U2 always wanted to make. He always was an excitable fellow, but he might actually be right.

Thanks for posting. This is really getting very exciting. I think these two paragraphs are very funny.

I get the feeling that if this album leaks, Universal will track down the person responsible and that person will shortly thereafter disappear, only to found years later on some deserted island. :lol:

Thanks for posting. This is really getting very exciting. I think these two paragraphs are very funny.

I get the feeling that if this album leaks, Universal will track down the person responsible and that person will shortly thereafter disappear, only to found years later on some deserted island. :lol:

:lmao:

yes this tidbit is very funny! I love neil...witty guy..

i agree on the second part... a Men in Black thing i think...:D

You won't be the first to be cleaned up by Wolf from Pulp Fiction
after listening to a U2 album leak...

I remember my cat being in the house while I've put on the Achtung Baby Outtakes back in them days...shortly after, puss was never seen again...ever again.

I'm loving the repeated Zooropa mentions. I love that album and always thought that if they had taken 2-3 years recording it, as opposed to wrapping it up while on tour it could have potentially been one of their best ever.

Maybe this is their chance to finally achieve that...all be it over a decade later.

I'm psyched!!!!

You won't be the first to be cleaned up by Wolf from Pulp Fiction
after listening to a U2 album leak...

I remember my cat being in the house while I've put on the Achtung Baby Outtakes back in them days...shortly after, puss was never seen again...ever again.

I had a stray cat rock up on my doorstep during the Achtung Baby out takes. Is this him? :ohmy:

cat.png

I heard that 2morrow we will get the cover from the new album & the final tracklist!

Yeah, I only saw the first two comments, that was enough. Not funny. But I kind of laughed when Neil was referring to those comments in his blog entry.

that's how the english are over there they have this hate thing for bono it seems.. They have been ripping into bono there for years...

yeah i thought that was funny too...

:hmm:

So tomorrow we'll get the final tracklist and the cover? Hope you are right. :up:

Wow, that would make me a happy man. Great review by McCormick, which also works as a great tease. Delicious information without revealing a single concrete detail. As long as we get 1 or 2 things like this each day I'll survive until March 3. I think I'm more excited about getting the tracklist than I am about getting a radio rip of the single on Monday (hopefully iTunes will release it that afternoon).

By the way: i don't know if u2valencia is right, and i don't know who told them... but they are truly, ahm, truly fanatics and serious (too many, maybe) U2 fans. I have faith... but it's only faith.

Haven't they already screwed up once announcing they will have info and were wrong?

I don't remember. Maybe you are thinking about u2spain. And, even, u2miracle, who makes a joke for Spanish's fool day and everybody thinks that they are assholes fakers (and it's a wrong thing)

Back
Top Bottom