Mysterious Ways lyrics on 18 different than Best Of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
So you all recall that on the Best of 1990-2000 the lyrics for Mysterious Ways got changed:

"She's the wave, she turns the tide
And no question, she knows why"

I still have no idea why that is and would love an explanation if YOU know why!! Since "no question, she knows why!" ;)

I was expecting the U2 18 Singles to keep this Best Of version as well (since Walk On is the SINGLE MIX for example) but I was happy to hear today:

"She's the wave, she turns the tide
She sees the man inside the child"

which is the only way I recognize the song!! :)

any thoughts of what the deal with that is?

(sorry if it was mentioned before, I couldn't find a post about this!)

Oh thank God they changed it back to how it was on Achtung Baby! Who knows why they changed the lyric on that horrid 90s Best Of!

The changed line on the 90's Best Of just infuriated me. I have no idea why they did that. Glad it's back to the original...

I have a feeling the band obsesses over little details like that and spends hours talking about details over beers.

There's got to be some reason it takes them so long to lay down tracks.

Its all about familiarity thats all! Whichever line someone hears first is the one that people will prefer. If it was the other way around, we'd all be moaning that they changed it aswell.

"She sees the man inside the child" makes a lot more sense to me than the sucktacular "and no question she knows why" :yuck:

and the "chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild" part was one of the most fun parts to sing, i dont know why they thought taking that out was a good idea

Chizip said:

it would be like them taking the boomcha's out of discotheque, and that would be crazy!!

oh wait....

Haha

Well, look.. they

- changed the line in MW

- took out the boom chas

- killed SATS with a horrid mix on the Best Of

- changed Numb into a terrible, very cluttered new mix

- made a total mess of the 90s best of

.. and I'm not even digging too deep here. And people here wonder why there's so many U2 fans always complaining!!! :huh: :coocoo:

yes i jest, and dont call me surely! (hmm that joke doesnt work as well when its typed out)

I like the new SATS and Gone. But not Discotheque or Numb. Especially Numb. *shudders*

Hey, didn't we talk about all this four years ago?

WITS rules.

Best version: Live on ZooTV: Sydney

She wants you, you don't know why
She sees a man inside the child

The version on the Best of is actually the audio from the VIDEO of Mysterious Ways.... the new line is in that one! I've no clue why tho...

Chiz, you must be happy that they brought the BoomCha! back :D In a different song, but still, Saints has Boomcha's!

Galeongirl said:
The version on the Best of is actually the audio from the VIDEO of Mysterious Ways.... the new line is in that one!

No, can't be! I mean I've watched the MW video several times ever since it was released to MTV in 1991 and it was always "she sees the man inside the child". Maybe it was changed for the 90s videos dvd, :hmm: now I'll have to watch it to confirm. ;)

Zootlesque said:

No, can't be! I mean I've watched the MW video several times ever since it was released to MTV in 1991 and it was always "she sees the man inside the child". Maybe it was changed for the 90s videos dvd, :hmm: now I'll have to watch it to confirm. ;)

You are correct sir

The 90's Best Of...it just infuriates me, so don't get me started on it again, i know i've ranted about it before and I just get so tempted to rant about it again....it is a definite lowlight of U2's career, whereas the 90's DVD is a highlight of sorts...

I like the version on the Solar Plexus mix.

She loves you, You don't know why
She sees the man inside the child

Chizip said:

it would be like them taking the boomcha's out of discotheque, and that would be crazy!!

oh wait....

One of the best moves the band ever made.

The "Boom Chas" are the absolute low point in U2's career.

Back
Top Bottom