My method of predicting date of upcoming U2 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My method:
1. Light The Edge on fire.
2. Fly him to Venus to play punk rock.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

Watch what they do.
Don't listen to what they say.
It's actually like clockwork.

Really.

New U2 album, 2013.

Very true. Even what they say, despite not being true, is still like clockwork.

1) Promise of a quick, 'companion' follow up.
2) More realistic promise of album 2-3 years later.
3) When the allotted 2-3 years are up, delay album by another half a year.

So, we're on step 2 right now, them saying late 2012, so i'm guessing by late 2012, they'll hit the rich song writing vein and announce a projected release of march or october 2013

My calculations since '97 have been add a year to the time in between the last release. For example:

Between Pop & ATYCLB was 3 years, so HTDAAB came out 4 years later
Since the time between ATYCLB & HTDAAB was 4 years, the time to wait for NLOTH was 5 years.
Guessing the next album will be 6 years after NLOTH, putting it in 2015. Book it.

Very true. Even what they say, despite not being true, is still like clockwork.

1) Promise of a quick, 'companion' follow up.
2) More realistic promise of album 2-3 years later.
3) When the allotted 2-3 years are up, delay album by another half a year.

So, we're on step 2 right now, them saying late 2012, so i'm guessing by late 2012, they'll hit the rich song writing vein and announce a projected release of march or october 2013

It seems like when they hit that "rich songwriting vein" last time, it caused them to have so many songs that it confused them and they ended up doing nothing.

Guessing the next album will be 6 years after NLOTH, putting it in 2015. Book it.

No way. There's no Spiderman or other crap to work on, so they have no excuse to wait that long. And if they really have three albums, then they just have to pick one and finish it. It's very simple.

It seems like when they hit that "rich songwriting vein" last time, it caused them to have so many songs that it confused them and they ended up doing nothing.

No way. There's no Spiderman or other crap to work on, so they have no excuse to wait that long. And if they really have three albums, then they just have to pick one and finish it. It's very simple.

They weren't working on anything in between HTDAAB and NLOTH, and that took 5 years. I'm just trying to be realistic here, unlike all the people who've thought they'd release an album mid-tour every tour since Zoo TV.

IrishDawg said:
They weren't working on anything in between HTDAAB and NLOTH, and that took 5 years. I'm just trying to be realistic here, unlike all the people who've thought they'd release an album mid-tour every tour since Zoo TV.

Technically, Bono & Edge have been working on Spiderman since at least HTDAAB, probably before. I think they keep saying something like 8 years of work. BFFTS was a beach clip in what, 2006 right?

Is this like that guy who predicted the rapture?

Worked out well for me... suckah

IMG_0291.jpg

I don't predict the dates of upcoming U2 albums. I simply wait until it gets released, then I buy it. No unnecessary dissapointment of U2 failing to meet my dates every frickin' time.

Actually, since Achtung Baby, there has been a clear format as to how to predict the next U2 album.

This can be calculated by simply taking the year of the previous release date and adding the numbers up as you pronounce them. Take this number, and add it to 1000. Why 1000 you say? I said so. If the year was odd, divide the number by two. If the year was even, divide it by 1.5. This is how many days it will take for the next album to be released.

Therefore, Achtung Baby came out in 19 + 91 = 110. 1000 + 110 = 1110. 1991 was an odd year, so we divide that number by two and we get 555 days. What is 555 days from November 19th, 1991? Well, since 1992 was a leap year, that's correct, June 1st. And thus, the release of Numb, the first single off of Zooropa.

Don't test this on any of the albums. Just trust me. It works.

Back
Top Bottom