"Music like the band had formed on Venus"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathan1977

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yep, first sighting of the hype of the new album. Venus is mentioned again. Can he not find new material? ;)

Seriously, how does this square with what else we've heard?

As savvy as Bono is, you would think that he would learn that this thing called the internet makes it really obvious when you just repeat yourself in soundbytes.

I guess he's always in Africa-mode - unwavering repetition of message to get your message across.

ahittle said:
As savvy as Bono is, you would think that he would learn that this thing called the internet makes it really obvious when you just repeat yourself in soundbytes.

I guess he's always in Africa-mode - unwavering repetition of message to get your message across.

bono is the king of the repeated bullet points.

he'd make a great politician... or sportscenter anchor.

He could have at least said Neptune this time. U2 need to vary their planets just as much as they need to vary their setlists.

I'm disappointed that Pluto never gets a look-in. It may have been demoted in the eyes of science, but in the eyes of man it is still a noble giant...

Venus is such a pussy planet, anyway. You'd think he'd say Jupiter or Saturn. Now those are some hyperbole-worthy planets.

Last edited:
Molten metal=Mercury. Unless he just wants to ditch the planets and go for the sun.

the tourist said:
Molten metal=Mercury. Unless he just wants to ditch the planets and go for the sun.

If Bono goes back to the sun maybe he'd be channeling 'Pop'. If anyone can do it, it's the man with the blueblockers. Hell, he even has the popchop goin again :wink:

**adds fuel to the fire to the pop-haters

last unicorn said:
Why not MARS? I've always thought WOMEN are from Venus, MEN from Mars.

Hmmmm, what could this possibly tell us? :hmm:

That U2, from the start, have always honored and been enamored by the power of Woman. From An Cat Dubh to WOWY to Mysterious Ways to OOTS, and many places in between. As much as the punk rock from Venus quote has been laughed at here, I think there originally was a hint of thought put into it.

LemonMelon said:

Quite frankly, this album is more akin to Venusian rock n' roll than any I've ever heard. BOO-YEAH!

Bill Walton's excited, too.

I really want to know what the "heavy" guitar sound is. Is it like Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me? Or like Metallica? I really hope it's like Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (the song that got me into U2).

the tourist said:
I really want to know what the "heavy" guitar sound is. Is it like Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me? Or like Metallica? I really hope it's like Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (the song that got me into U2).

good question, anyone have an educated guess?

Although, could Edge really sound like Metallica and think "wow, this is something special" ? :hmm:

Last edited:
Metallica is hardly the benchmark for heavy.

But, see, their name is "Metallica" - it has the word "Metal" right in there! They must embody all that is heavy and rock.

Sadly, no.

Rob33 said:
good question, anyone have an educated guess?

My educated guess is that it'll be closer to HMTMKMKM. But I really don't know. But based on the heavy riffs from before (like... Vertigo?).

Back
Top Bottom