Most Exciting Part of The Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I tied myself with wire!!!"

Followed soon after by:

"I've been in every black hole, at the altar of the dark star. My body's now a begging bowl that's begging to get back, begging to get back to my heart...to the rhythm of my soul, to the rhythm of my unconsciousness... to the rhythm that yearns to be released from control....."

The bridge of GOYB. I don't care if you like the song or not, hearing 60,000 people screaming in unison "LET ME IN THE SOUND!" is going to be amazing. :drool: :combust:

Followed soon after by:

"I've been in every black hole, at the altar of the dark star. My body's now a begging bowl that's begging to get back, begging to get back to my heart...to the rhythm of my soul, to the rhythm of my unconsciousness... to the rhythm that yearns to be released from control....."

This. Blows me away every time.

Followed soon after by:

Oh yeah. Definitely. His vocals on that song are A.MAZING.:applaud::applaud::applaud:

For me its after all the vocal parts are done in Unknown Caller when that organ comes in right before Edge's guitar solo.:drool:Whats your favorite moment?

Agree, the organ and glockenspiel that come in there make the hair on the back of my neck stand up.:up:

Cockatoo:dancing:

No seriously, Bono's sermon during breathe!!!
I'm running down the road like loose electricity!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this thread! :)

I also really like the the part in White as Snow when he says; "The water it was icy, as it washed over me, and the moon shone abo-o-o-ove me..."

The first minute of Breathe is absolutely thrilling. My favorite on the album, of course, but that first minute in particular is pure adrenaline.

I'll try to pick some small things, different from what has been mentioned.
I don't know if "exciting" is the right word but damn cool.

1. The second verse of Being Born "lights...flash past" following that bridge. I love how it drops right back in.

2. The part in NLOTH where Bono just hits that note and holds it through the chord change. "rewiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind".

3. That organ bit in the left channel playing a melody at the very beginning of MOS.

Most exciting?
Probably the moment Magnificent opens fully up.
or the title track bit that Laz mentioned.

I’m a traffic cop, Rue du Marais
The sirens are wailing
But it’s me that wants to get away

one of the coolest lyrics Bono has produced in a LONG time. Downhill from there but still pretty good stuff. :up:

When Being Born starts and Bono comes in with the wail.

Followed closely by "let me in the sound" part in Boots.

Wow, theres a few.

- When Being Born begins and Bono starts wailing, and the "lights...flash past" verse.

- The part in Breathe with the Arabic cello that leads into this brief but badass solo.

- The chorus of Cedars Of Lebanon, "Return ... the call ... to home", simply haunting and beautiful. :up:

Walk out, into the streets.

That part squeezes a smile out of me everytime.

Also
Scream into the darkness, squeeze out sparks of light.

Very evocative

Solo/French Horn on UC (at the moment, it's in my top ten U2 moments) :drool:
"I'm a Traffic Cop" on NLOTH. Especially on The Culture Show version :drool::drool:
Last chorus "Only Love..." of Mag
"Let me in the sound" in FEZ
"Head like a lit cigarette" in COL, the Velvet Dress voice is back :drool:
French horn(?) on WAS about 2 mins in.... Beautiful, beautiful production. Absolutely lush...

Back
Top Bottom