Most Exciting Part of The Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also the start of Uknown caller - the guitar notes, the keyboards, the birds, Edge's "sunshine, sunshine" ... perfect.

- The transition from Fez to Being Born.
- Magnificent intro and bridge
- "I cut myself with wire, to let the horses roam free" (from MOS).
- "Baby, baby, baby I know I'm not alooooone" (from Crazy Tonight).
- "I'm a traffic cop, Rue de Marais. The sirens wailing but it's me that wants to get away" (from NLOTH).

"Then she put her tongue in my ear ooooooh"
Incredible, nostalgic and joyous moment.

or

"I'm a traffic cop, rue de marais, the siren's wailing but it's me that wants to get away" - the way he sings "away" is just spine-chillingly awesome.

No Line On The Horizon may have become my favourite song, come think of it.

(and the entire FEZ part. Incroyable.)

For me its the solo break at 2:48 on SUC, Adam is so strong here and than Bono' vocal at 2:57 when he sings

Soul rockin' people moving on
Soul rockin' people on and on
C'mon ye people
We're made of stars
C'mon ye people
Stand up then sit down for your love

I love it!!!:drool:

so many great moments.....but, here is one of the moment for me:

"there's nothing you have that I neeeeeed.....I can Breathe." punk rock.

then the guitar solo...and continued rocking.....brilliant tune.

"We are people borne of sound
The songs are in our eyes
Gonna wear them like a crown

Walk out, into the sunburst street
Sing your heart out, sing my heart out
I’ve found grace inside a sound
I found grace, it’s all that I found
And I can breathe
Breathe now"

The "we are people borne of sound" is like Bono is improvising and talking to you, not singing. After the "gonna wear them like a crown" I love Bono's "oh, oh" while Larry brings it up. Edge's voice while harmonizing on "walk out" is just amazing! I love his voice. In this particular one Bono sings that last "walk out" a little later than before and it feels great. Then there's more harmonizing from Edge during "I found grace inside a sound" and again it gets to me. The entire song is like a big climax. Just perfect.

being born.....feels like U2 that I love!

Great lyrics. The band is Being Born in the album plus the imagery of an actual birth mixed with a ferry to Africa. You can mix metaphors so that many interpretations occur. Though there are lots of great moments on the album.

The bridge of GOYB. I don't care if you like the song or not, hearing 60,000 people screaming in unison "LET ME IN THE SOUND!" is going to be amazing. :drool: :combust:

Word. That and when Magnificent takes off, that riff is amazing :drool:

"I tied myself with wire!!!"

Followed soon after by:

"I've been in every black hole, at the altar of the dark star. My body's now a begging bowl that's begging to get back, begging to get back to my heart...to the rhythm of my soul, to the rhythm of my unconsciousness... to the rhythm that yearns to be released from control....."

Yep. This was instantly my first thought when I read this thread title :hug:

Great lyrics. The band is Being Born in the album plus the imagery of an actual birth mixed with a ferry to Africa. You can mix metaphors so that many interpretations occur. Though there are lots of great moments on the album.

Being Born features the coolest music and timbres on the album for me, its lyrics are powerful and haunting, but with its rambling structure I can see it as unassuming and flying under the radar with a lot of people (particularly with the way its paired and transitioned to from Fez) but its gorgeous.

"Let me in the sound" in Boots // Organ in Unknown Caller // "Baby baby baby" in IGCIDGCT

Being Born is magic ... just when that kind of TUF atmosphere sets in and Bono is starting to scream, it fits so perfectly. Great song, I didn't expect it to be that amazing. :up:

There are a lot of exciting moments on the album.

My fav moment is when the French Horn comes in on White As Snow... makes me raise my head, close my eyes, and rock back and forth every time.

Also, I love the guitar bridge on Stand Up Comedy right after the humming. The song is saved at that moment.

Finally, I love the last minute of Moment of Surrender. It becomes more intense without ruining the mood... if that makes sense.

Ev-ry day IIIIII die again, and again I'm reborn
Ev-ry day IIIIII have to find the courage to

WAAAAAALK OUUUUT, into the streets

"We are people borne of sound
The songs are in our eyes
Gonna wear them like a crown

Walk out, into the sunburst street
Sing your heart out, sing my heart out
I’ve found grace inside a sound
I found grace, it’s all that I found
And I can breathe
Breathe now"

The "we are people borne of sound" is like Bono is improvising and talking to you, not singing. After the "gonna wear them like a crown" I love Bono's "oh, oh" while Larry brings it up. Edge's voice while harmonizing on "walk out" is just amazing! I love his voice. In this particular one Bono sings that last "walk out" a little later than before and it feels great. Then there's more harmonizing from Edge during "I found grace inside a sound" and again it gets to me. The entire song is like a big climax. Just perfect.

Great post. This part of the album is it for me. :up: The lines about grace are my favorite on the whole album.

The night the album leaked I must have listened to just that part of Breathe at least 10 times. Think I'll go listen to it now. :heart:

The first minute of Breathe is absolutely thrilling. My favorite on the album, of course, but that first minute in particular is pure adrenaline.

QFT. I love how the drums kick up at the opening, as if we've almost missed something, and the way the song bursts open at about 30 seconds. And "These daaaaaaaaays are better than that" might be my favorite line from the whole album.

This song is going to be explosive live. It would be amazing if they had a cellist with them :drool:

I like the intro to Being Born and how Bono really opens up the song with his screams. And the 'let me in the sound' bridge to GOYB is :drool:

Most exciting part... would have to be the total 'wall of sound' type thing that happens in Being Born. Adam's huge bass lines sound great. The cascading keyboards. With headphones and turned up load it is unbelievable.

The opening groan from Edge's guitar during the intro to Magnificent. The the salvo from Edge's guitar when the intro transitions into the song proper. Pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom