MOS is U2*s finest moment-bono said

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it when he drinks too much and starts to become extra enthousiastic in losing grip on reality :hug:

No, that's not what he said in the interview.

He said: A lot of people say it's our finest moment.

I think U2 are very fond of that song, how it came together and all. I like how Bono says the lyrics and the voice just came out like this and he doesn't know where they came from.

Beautiful tune, though not my favourite on the album.

If we are talking about songs with a less conventional song structure that build gradually...IMO Bad is infinitely better.

But then I'm a fan of Elvis Presley and America!

Me too, and I also like Elvis ATE America!!

I love MOS, I've even got over the screecy vocals.

No, that's not what he said in the interview.

He said: A lot of people say it's our finest moment.

I think U2 are very fond of that song, how it came together and all. I like how Bono says the lyrics and the voice just came out like this and he doesn't know where they came from.

Beautiful tune, though not my favourite on the album.

I am still curious mostly about the lyric. Did Bono have the lyric ready or was it completely improvised.

It would make the song infinitely more special, for me at least, if the lyric was also entirely improvised.

Anyone know about this? I don't entirely trust everything Bono says if you know what I mean ;] Too much enthusiasm (which of course is not enough!)

If we are talking about songs with a less conventional song structure that build gradually...IMO Bad is infinitely better.

But then I'm a fan of Elvis Presley and America!

Its hard to say which is the best u2 song...but tell me who knew that one will be u2 classic? nobody...time will judge:applaud:

I personally like the song, but one of U2's finest? I would have to take issue with that. I don't think it's even the best song off of the new disc.

I am still curious mostly about the lyric. Did Bono have the lyric ready or was it completely improvised.

It would make the song infinitely more special, for me at least, if the lyric was also entirely improvised.

Anyone know about this? I don't entirely trust everything Bono says if you know what I mean ;] Too much enthusiasm (which of course is not enough!)

I guess the lyrics are a mixture of improvisation and composition. I don't think that Bono came up immediately with the exact same lyrics that are on the album now. But I'm sure part of it was improvised. We all know Bono sings a lot in Bongolese when they are beginning with the songwriting :lol:

Yet another thread where a quote is directly misquoted.
:applaud:

That said, MOS is a nice moment for U2.

Speaking of quotes, didn't Bono at one point after the Popmart tour say in an open letter to fans that Live From Mexico City was the greatest thing U2 had ever done??

I think it's certainly one of his finest ever vocals.

and as a song it's pretty damned good too.

Its a good song, but im not that keen on it tbh, i admit bono sings his ass off, brilliant stuff, but the eno tune all through it and chorus just arnt getting my taste.

Bono says so many things but MOS is indeed special. I still can't get enough of it. I've been imagining them playing it on a stadium for seven minutes. Usually a song this slow and long could mean a break to do other things for some people but I think it's not going to be like that. it's going to be hypnotizing. I bet the lighting will be beautiful. I can imagine that chorus taking over the entire stadium. It's going to be wonderful.

Bono says so many things but MOS is indeed special. I still can't get enough of it. I've been imagining them playing it on a stadium for seven minutes. Usually a song this slow and long could mean a break to do other things for some people but I think it's not going to be like that. it's going to be hypnotizing. I bet the lighting will be beautiful. I can imagine that chorus taking over the entire stadium. It's going to be wonderful.

Oh that would be so awesome!!:D

For me, MOS has Bono's best lyrics, and best vocal performance, ever. The backing track is so perfect that they did it in one take. Bono's voice is front and center, high in the mix, and even though it's U2's longest song ever, I wish it would go on for another 10 minutes. Can't wait to hear this live :drool:

This is a song which does it for me, gives me shivers, makes me emotional. No other from this album does it. It's all about Bono's vocals.

Best song on the album, one of the finest moments of their whole career. I see a lot of people calling Magnificent their favorite on NLOTH, which completely confounds me! LOL!

I don't know about best songs, but I know what I feel when I listen to this song, it gets me completely emotional from the very beginning and it's not only the melody there's something about Bono's vocals that catch me. There are many splendid songs in this album, but this one is really special for me and stays there up with my U2's favourite songs ever.

I thought it would wane for after a month or so. But if anything, it's stronger. I can barley stand to be interrupted when it's playing. Which makes it difficult when at work. :wink:

This is a song which does it for me, gives me shivers, makes me emotional. No other from this album does it. It's all about Bono's vocals.

It's the vocals for sure, but that guitar part about 5 minutes in cuts right through my soul. :heart:
I can't decide where it is in my top 5 U2 songs but it's up there. Fez is getting there too.
I swear this album has so many good tracks, IMO. :drool:

For me, MOS has Bono's best lyrics, and best vocal performance, ever. The backing track is so perfect that they did it in one take. Bono's voice is front and center, high in the mix, and even though it's U2's longest song ever, I wish it would go on for another 10 minutes. Can't wait to hear this live :drool:

:up: :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom