Morrocan influences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rob33 said:

you're being incredibly nit picky :rolleyes:

it may not mean "capturing the same sound," but it could surely reflect in some ways the mood Eno is currently in musically...yes Coldplay and U2 have different intentions as far as their latest albums but still, I think it's a valid point dabiggetst makes and worth noting :shrug:

Yes, and it's also valid in that I just asked if anyone would consider a link in the "Spanish influence" in Coldplay's album and the Moroccan influence in U2's work... maybe there's some overlap in Eno's production style this time around. I'm not sure about the timing of the studio sessions... but I can see Eno getting high off ideas in Fez and bringing that into the studio with Coldplay. I know when I think Spanish and Moroccan I get the idea of danceable rhythms, and the emotion connoted in each is comparable.

I know nobody's gonna care, but i did just hear coldplays new song "Violet Hill", and i didn't even know there was a spanish influence, and it sounds as if their new album might be dark like achtung baby was...

Thanks Rob for your support and thanks Needle, I was actually agreeing with you on that one and yes I am surprised at coldplays new single, it is very dark and i actually like it, i still dont think its better then alot of U2 songs but its diff better then most new songs out there these days and sounds very experimental indeed, this may be another "rush of blood" album for them which hopefully it will since X&Y wasn't the best!

Visiongfx said:
I know nobody's gonna care, but i did just hear coldplays new song "Violet Hill", and i didn't even know there was a spanish influence, and it sounds as if their new album might be dark like achtung baby was...

achtung baby was sexy too and coldplay are like the opposite of sexy.
not to mention zootv made achtung the album we all love.
and coldplay can never pull off anything as big as the zootv tour.

dunno whether or not anybody's heard coldplay's "a spell a rebel yell" the b-side to violet hill.

it sounds like it could be on the unforgettable fire production wise, it has that really dense layering that eno is great at. but it also to me sounds like it has the melody to mother's of the disappeared...

anybody else?

chrissybaby said:
dunno whether or not anybody's heard coldplay's "a spell a rebel yell" the b-side to violet hill.

it sounds like it could be on the unforgettable fire production wise, it has that really dense layering that eno is great at. but it also to me sounds like it has the melody to mother's of the disappeared...

anybody else?

I Havn't heard a spell a rebel yell yet. But wikipedia also has another song out on violet hill single in europe (Lost? - alt version to Lost! on album).

But for me, i just listened to viva la vida a few minutes ago, a couple of times actually and it keeps impressing me more and more, even more so than violet hill. (which i thought was o.k. at best)

Eno's work is great (if most of that is him?), it sounds very atmospheric and more tribal-ish and the strings are very upbeat. ((Also i just heard some woodwind intrusments in here for a few seconds!)) Now i really can't wait for the album =]

-- I just heard a spell a rebel yell, and i don't know if its the quality of the rip but its hard to hear much of the song... i really hope it gets out on CD so their will be a better rip because it sounds really interesting...

Last edited:
Visiongfx said:

I Havn't heard a spell a rebel yell yet. But wikipedia also has another song out on violet hill single in europe (Lost? - alt version to Lost! on album).

But for me, i just listened to viva la vida a few minutes ago, a couple of times actually and it keeps impressing me more and more, even more so than violet hill. (which i thought was o.k. at best)

Eno's work is great (if most of that is him?), it sounds very atmospheric and more tribal-ish and the strings are very upbeat. ((Also i just heard some woodwind intrusments in here for a few seconds!)) Now i really can't wait for the album =]

-- I just heard a spell a rebel yell, and i don't know if its the quality of the rip but its hard to hear much of the song... i really hope it gets out on CD so their will be a better rip because it sounds really interesting...

do you by chance have the MP3's for those two new Coldplay songs? "viva la vida and lost" ive heard violet hill and liked it more then anything on X&Y so ide be interested to hear the other two :) thx!!

Visiongfx said:

yeah my version is really poor quality, i think there's a bad vinyl rip out there and a radio rip. also a 30 second high quality loop. out of all 3 new songs ive heard it's easily the most interesting....

dabiggestu2fan said:

do you by chance have the MP3's for those two new Coldplay songs? "viva la vida and lost" ive heard violet hill and liked it more then anything on X&Y so ide be interested to hear the other two :) thx!!

I don't know if Lost? is leaked anywhere or if that single is even out in europe yet. But viva la vida can be found here

h t t p : / / w w w . zshare.net/audio/11680067d5c9d298/

which features his falsetto a few times which some of you might not like

Last edited:
...and back to what this is really about...

When I think of Morrocan (spelling is probably slaughtered) influences, I think of the album "Mighty Rearranger" by Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation. I just got the album and immediately thought to myself "hmm, maybe this is a step in that direction, and we'll hear something in a similar vein from U2". If so, I think we're in for a treat.

Back
Top Bottom