Moment Of Surrender is the next single then!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
So atu2.com have been informed that Moment of Surrender will be released as a single before Xmas!

Should be interesting to hear the radio edit of this!

b-sides should be interesting. hopefully it's not that horrid remix that we heard the other day. i just hope we don't get any unreleased songs. if we do, that scares me about SOA, unless the band just puts on a throwaway song on there.

my guess is a couple live tracks from 360. probably:

1. Moment Of Surrender (Single Mix)
2. Magnificent (Live)
3. Get On Your Boots (Live)
4. Ultraviolet (Live)

something like that.

Meh, I've never been in the crazy-about-MOS camp. It's a good song, but IMO it completely fails to live up to the One comparisons people have persistently made. It's going to be dull as all get-out on the radio. :shrug:

It's been on the playlist for a while on a Seattle U2-friendly rock station, although they've been known to play some non-singles over the years.

Meh, I've never been in the crazy-about-MOS camp. It's a good song, but IMO it completely fails to live up to the One comparisons people have persistently made. It's going to be dull as all get-out on the radio. :shrug:

Hmm... I actually like the song better than One. And I'm not a One hater... I hold the song in very high regard.

All I can say is: U2 are fortunate to be on a label that's willing to promote three flop singles!

Good to hear MOS will get a single release. Became a fan of "The Band" a few years ago and when I read an interview with Lanios on how this song reminds of something by them I got really excited.

MOS holds a true spot in my heart as my Dad's best friend (good man) past away this summer due to cancer and I took 3 very long road trips to visit/attend funeral and I would listen to NLOTH. When MOS came on that song took a whole new meaning. Was in tears in Chicago when they played it and for me MOS is easily a top 3 U2 song for me.

:up:

Rofl, that remix is the worst shit I've ever heard!!

Is that even technically a remix? It's just a bunch of eletronica crap with Bono's speed manipulated vocals dubbed over them.

It sounds like my alarm clock had a seizure, burst into flame and melted my stereo's speakers while MOS was on.

Forget B-sides and the live stuff. I want nine remixes of THIS remix!

The Mark Knight Demo Mix
The Mark Knight Extended Demo Mix
The Mark Knight Guilty Mix
The Mark Knight Garage Mix
The Mark Knight Not-The-Demo Demo Mix
The M Knight Shamalayan Demo Mix
The Mark Knight Demo Mix (Radio Edit)
The Mark KNight Demo Mix (Single Version)
The Mark Knight Radanka Temple Bar William Orbit Perfecto Mix

God I hope this leaks early!!

MOS is the best song on the new album by a country mile (which is saying a lot, as the songs are incredible) but yeah, that remix is shambolic, lol. Funny how hit-or-miss U2 remixes can be, eh?

Crazy Tonight (Redanka mix) - awesome
Get On Your Boots (whatever mix is in the CN Tower / Toronto U2.com clip) - awesome
Moment of Surrender (Mark Knight Demo Mix) - should have stayed a demo :angry:

remix is SHITE!!!!

Hopefully bsides are something like

1. MOS single edit
2. Crazy Tonight (live in pasedena)
3. UV (live in pasedena)

and a crappy remix single that we dont need to touch

Is there confirmation that it's an official remix, or is it just one of those random "throw some song on top of a bunch of dance beats and call it a remix" things?

It reminds me of that "techno" version of My Heart Will Go On from back in the day, or that shitty dance version of the 4 Non Blondes song What's Up. :lol:

They have nothing to lose by releasing it, the songs that seemed like being hits all flopped, so why not give this a go? Hopefully there wont be a 5th single released and that they'll go straight to Every Breaking Wave.

Um, I don't want to hear ANY remix of that song.

And I don't want to hear a radio edit either.

I hope I'll never hear it on radio, I love the album version too much.

Back
Top Bottom