Moment Of Surrender is the next single then!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there confirmation that it's an official remix, or is it just one of those random "throw some song on top of a bunch of dance beats and call it a remix" things?

It reminds me of that "techno" version of My Heart Will Go On from back in the day, or that shitty dance version of the 4 Non Blondes song What's Up. :lol:

Here is a quote from the DJ on are top website!

British house man Mark Knight is on a mission to conquer the dance world with a relentless DJing and music release schedule.

Not content with running one of the biggest labels in dance music (Toolroom), Knight put out a large number of club hits over the last 18 months including remixes of the classics Leftfield ‘Phat Planet’ and Lil Mo Yin Yang ‘Reach’, as well as the mainroom pleasers ‘Good Times’, ‘Mannheim’, and a 2008 anthem with ‘Man With The Red Face’ (produced alongside fellow Brit Funkagenda).

Now Knight is set for dance music’s front pages once again with a new Underworld co-production, which is the band’s first ever clubland collaboration.

‘Downpipe’ sees the powerful vocals of Underworld’s Karl Hyde boosted by solid club beats from Mark Knight and D.Ramirez, and the track is well on course to becoming a future classic of 2009 (dance music barometer Pete Tong recently named it his Essential New Tune).

Yes Mark Knight is unstoppable, so we decided to peek inside his DJ record box to see what tracks are crucial to his club destroying sets.

Favorite set opener?

It’s difficult to have one specific set opener as shows can vary so much, so what I tend to do for the more high-impact shows is create my own intro. Usually it’s a re-edit of a big record of the moment or one of my own productions to really set the mood as I like to make a statement when I start to play.

Secret weapon only you have a copy of?

At present it’s my remix of the brand new U2 single ‘Moment of Surrender’. It has been going off everywhere.

Trippiest record

I once played Lonnie Youngblood ‘Gonna Fly Now’ just to see what the reaction would be. If you don’t know the record ‘youtube it’ (you’ll soon recognise it!). Didn’t quite get the reaction I was hoping for, but worth a go.

Here is a quote from the DJ on are top website!

British house man Mark Knight is on a mission to conquer the dance world with a relentless DJing and music release schedule.

Not content with running one of the biggest labels in dance music (Toolroom), Knight put out a large number of club hits over the last 18 months including remixes of the classics Leftfield ‘Phat Planet’ and Lil Mo Yin Yang ‘Reach’, as well as the mainroom pleasers ‘Good Times’, ‘Mannheim’, and a 2008 anthem with ‘Man With The Red Face’ (produced alongside fellow Brit Funkagenda).

Now Knight is set for dance music’s front pages once again with a new Underworld co-production, which is the band’s first ever clubland collaboration.

‘Downpipe’ sees the powerful vocals of Underworld’s Karl Hyde boosted by solid club beats from Mark Knight and D.Ramirez, and the track is well on course to becoming a future classic of 2009 (dance music barometer Pete Tong recently named it his Essential New Tune).

Yes Mark Knight is unstoppable, so we decided to peek inside his DJ record box to see what tracks are crucial to his club destroying sets.

Favorite set opener?

It’s difficult to have one specific set opener as shows can vary so much, so what I tend to do for the more high-impact shows is create my own intro. Usually it’s a re-edit of a big record of the moment or one of my own productions to really set the mood as I like to make a statement when I start to play.

Secret weapon only you have a copy of?

At present it’s my remix of the brand new U2 single ‘Moment of Surrender’. It has been going off everywhere.

Trippiest record

I once played Lonnie Youngblood ‘Gonna Fly Now’ just to see what the reaction would be. If you don’t know the record ‘youtube it’ (you’ll soon recognise it!). Didn’t quite get the reaction I was hoping for, but worth a go.

Sounds like it may not be the official remix but looks like MOS will def be the next single!

probably:

CD1
MOS (single mix)
Sunday Bloody Sunday feat Jay-Z (live in Berlin)

CD2
a bunch of shite remixes

Though I'm still hopeful that they'll include any of:
- Moment of Surrender (live with rap)
- I Believe in Father Christmas
- UltraViolet (live)
- Because The Night feat Bruce Springsteen and Patti Smith (live at R&R HoF)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For feat Bruce Springsteen (live at R&R HoF)
- Mysterious Ways/Where Is The Love (medley) feat Black Eyed Peas (live at R&R HoF)
- Gimme Shelter feat Mick Jagger and Black Eyed Peas (live at R&R HoF)
- Mercy
- Winter
- that unreleased GOYB remix on U2.com

Basically they have a TON of b-side worthy stuff that is FAR greater than that Mark Knight remix

MOS is the best song on the new album by a country mile (which is saying a lot, as the songs are incredible) but yeah, that remix is shambolic, lol. Funny how hit-or-miss U2 remixes can be, eh?

Crazy Tonight (Redanka mix) - awesome
Get On Your Boots (whatever mix is in the CN Tower / Toronto U2.com clip) - awesome
Moment of Surrender (Mark Knight Demo Mix) - should have stayed a demo :angry:

Does anyone know what that Boots remix was? It did sound good.

I'm going to take "going off everywhere" to mean "I play it in clubs where people don't care what the song is, they just want the beat to keep going."

Thanks for the info - I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. :)

Hey if the *hits* aren't working why bother ? :up: Might as well go with the best song of the decade.

As long as they don't use this remix...and the video potential is huge for this song.

That remix sounds like a bunch of alarms just going off with Bono shouting over it.
But I'm glad they will probably release MOS as a single. They have nothing to lose after the first three singles and you never know. It could be their big hit (very unlikely).

For the record, I dislike most remixes. They're usually for the clubs, obviously, which I don't go to. Some of them are cool though: the Justice mix of Boots, the 90-00 version of Gone, the Bitter Kiss version of Dirty Day, the William Orbit remix of Electrical Storm...

IF they go to 5 singles, I expect Breathe. I just don't expect them to go to 5.

As do I. I don't get why Breathe hasn't been done already. It's Bono's favorite song off the album. IMO, MOS should've been first and Breathe second. Magnificent was a great choice too, if they had done a better video (even the Somerville video would've been a better option).

you think SOA will have a different lead off single, Niceman?

Yeah, I actually do. I think EBW will be on the album, and maybe be the 2nd single, but after 2009 I think the boys will want a hit lead single more than anything. I don't doubt that they think EBW is awesome, but it was saved for the NEXT album..... you don't do that to your favorite song.

So, I suspect that the lead single of 2010 will be something they didn't have yet during the NLOTH sessions.

Maybe EBW will be on the Best of 2000-2010 (in the same way ES was on Best of 1990-2000)...lol.

Back
Top Bottom