Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's great. Such a mood to it. So sad, something we haven't heard from U2 in a long time (though I think that was the point).

The piano chord progression during the middle part of the song (before the solo) just tugs at the heart. Just simple notes, but they say so much.

It gets better with every listen... amazing.

I love it. And Eno's influence in here is brilliant. Reminds me of Massive Attack's masterpiece Mezzanine album.

From Rolling Stone

Moment" was played just one time -- the band improvised the version on the album from thin air. "This kind of spirit blows through every now and then," Bono says. "It's a very strange feeling."

that's what you feel when you hear this song - just brillant

Anyone else agree that the melody is identical to Bono's version of "American Prayer" that he coached the contestants on American Idol for? I'm talking about the "when you get to the top of the mountain" melody from that song. When I first heard it, I remember thinking, WHY didn't Bono save that for U2? And now, he's used it here :)

A lyrics question - is it

a vision of invisibility (i think so)
or
of vision over visibility (someone who transcribed the lyrics thinks so)

I don;t see that. I see this is TOTALLY separate and amazing in its own right. It's got such a different feel. it is epic. But new one to me says its a bit ballady. This is pure ecstatic gospel. I love it

No. No it isn't. You see, One is actually a good song. :wink:

Yeah, MOS doesn't do much for me. I'd rank it somewhere in the middle of their stuff.

They are two completely different types of song, both great in their own rights...

I'm not sure why folks are comparing these two...

Hmm...maybe. I'm loving the instruments on it. And the vocals are pretty good.

I think Unknown Caller is underappreciated though. It's such a killer song. Breathe aswell.

MOS is definitely an entity all its own, but I would agree it's fast becoming my favorite U2 song since One. It's what "Take Today" from the Salome sessions was meant to be...an epic song.

They're not even remotely similar. Well, they're both slow. I'll give you that.

Right now, I prefer One.

Nah, I felt a bit let down by Moment of Surrender. Not what I was expecting.

The whole record is absolutely awesome though.

I don't see MOS as the new One..I didn't even think of One when I listened to it...But I agree it is epic..in my opinion :) :heart:

MOS is in it's own category. What I like about this abum is that I'm hearing less of songs that are trying to recapture the glory of older songs, and more songs that are entities in their own right.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom