Miracle single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
When will it be officially released as a single? And chart in the UK?

Isn't it already? I'm confused why so many people think it isn't a single.

a) it was announced as a single at Apple
b) it was released to radio
c) they released a film clip

What more is there? Physical singles are dead. I thought that maybe there would be a limited 7" run, but obviously not.

Was it released in the UK though? Or did it just not chart in the uk singles charts?

Let´s hope it will remain forgotten until next single comes out :)

Exactly. This song is almost as irritating as "Get On Your Boots".

Worst song on the album.

Sometimes I really wonder about U2. What were they thinking for a bunch of supposed mature men? This is simply NOT a good song and it's a horrible way to introduce an album you've been working on for five years. I haven't heard it more than twice on the radio since the whole apple free release. They should have left it off the album and worked a little harder on "Every Breaking Wave" and released that instead. Oh well. Sorry, but I've wanted to bitch about this for awhile and finally found an outlet.

Worst song on the album.

Sometimes I really wonder about U2. What were they thinking for a bunch of supposed mature men? This is simply NOT a good song and it's a horrible way to introduce an album you've been working on for five years. I haven't heard it more than twice on the radio since the whole apple free release. They should have left it off the album and worked a little harder on "Every Breaking Wave" and released that instead. Oh well. Sorry, but I've wanted to bitch about this for awhile and finally found an outlet.

I really like miracle!?

Wasn't released to buy

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

wait, UK charts still only list physically bought singles? :crack:

It charted here for the downloads adn radio play, as it gets played pretty much every day and some days couple times a day too, it got pretty popular.

'Boots' was just dumb. Miracle isn't dumb, but it is far from the best track on the album. To me, it is one of my least favorites, but slightly ahead of the actual least favorite which is 'Sleep Like A Baby'. So what is that, my 10th favorite song on the album? And it's their single??

It charted here for the downloads adn radio play, as it gets played pretty much every day and some days couple times a day too, it got pretty popular.

Here's the problem. It IS NOT getting any downloads. So the charts that we are seeing in the US and UK and elsewhere are going to be chart position based almost solely on airplay.

Remember, iTunes gave the album away and is not yet selling it and there are no tracks available for purchase/download. And there is no physical single to buy at a store either. So the poor performance is really a byproduct of the release method.

Hopefully by mid November when iTunes starts selling the damn thing, all the tracks and singles will be available and count toward chart position.

No, it's all sales formats including audio streaming now. The US single American Adult thingy format don't work here, radio play doesn't influence the actual chart position. Sales & streaming. Single formats in the UK have basically always been an a+b format plus an extended EP, physical or digital, but mostly now digital and perhaps a 7" release.

Sadly the US single format, usually a 1 song release or an album track given radio status, has been creeping in here which is pretty daft, because it's still primarily a sales culture, therefore you really have to offer an audience extra songs or we don't bite beyond the first single. Now there seems to be this attitude that you cannot have more than one song per single and labels would rather cobble all the "old school" b-sides onto a second disc (ala Crystal Ballroom, Lucifer), putting all the eggs in one basket on the same day and any future singles tend to do badly because the releases have nothing for the fan.

Yet they say we live in a singles culture now, but record companies tart up the parent albums with bonus discs and such and then those albums don't sell much across the board. This is probably the first U2 'single' without any actual bonus material since, well... ever...

Worst song on the album.

My #1 song on SOI but my opinion is in the minority. It's a solid rocker that captures the rock energy of the band perfectly. I've been singing it for days and repeating it over and over on the pod. I haven't enjoyed a U2 single this much since Beautiful Day and Stuck In A Moment. Hey at least The Miracle doesn't start with a Spanish count-in.

GOYB on the other hand is an entirely different story. GOYB is one of the worst U2 songs ever made IMO.

Back
Top Bottom