MERGED ----> U2 Now In France Working On Album + U2 move album sessions to France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2freakboy

War Child
U2 Now In France Working On Album

I hadn't seen this posted on here yet. According to this article about The Edge, the band is now in France working on the new album. Hopefully this means it's getting close to being finished!

"Brad Pitt and his pregnant partner Angelina Jolie enjoyed a family outing to the beach in the south of France this weekend - accompanied by U2 guitarist The Edge.
The Hollywood couple moved into Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen's villa in St Jean Cap Ferrat for the summer, along with their adopted children Maddox, Pax Thien, Zahara and biological daughter Shiloh.

The pair took the opportunity to visit U2 stars Bono and The Edge - real name David Howell Evans - last weekend, who are currently in the country recording their new album."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network

hmmm... it sort of comes off as a mere assumption....if not and this is fact than HELL YEAH!!!

There's already been posted a couple of recent pictures from France with Brad and Angelina. But Edge was the only U2 member with them. On the other hand, Bono was spotted in Monaco recently, so it's quite likely in my opinion that they are there to record if they're not just taking some time off between session of course.

I heard that this is supposed to be their last recording session. I dunno where I read that at.

Larry's drum tech did say they plan to record somewhere warm, and they did record at least parts of last two albums in France...

No, Bono (and Ali) are also on some of the pictures that were taken in Eze. You can see them with Angelina and Brad on the balcony of their house. Don't know about the rest of the band, though.

This kind of news doesn't excite me any more. I mean, we all know the album's gonna be out in November so I don't see the difference.

shart1780 said:
This kind of news doesn't excite me any more. I mean, we all know the album's gonna be out in November so I don't see the difference.

We actually don't know that. With March 2009 as a mentioned possibility, I would rather hear that they're working right now instead of biding their time.

i know i'm going to be shot down in flames for this because i have no hard evidence (other than websites and forums!) but I'm not getting a November feeling. Can anybody with a better memory than me remember where we were in May 2004? Was there any hard evidence back then of a November release. Did we know any song titles?

last unicorn said:
No, Bono (and Ali) are also on some of the pictures that were taken in Eze. You can see them with Angelina and Brad on the balcony of their house. Don't know about the rest of the band, though.

It seems Larry's kids are also in one of the pictures, so you'd assume Larry must be there also.

chrissybaby said:
i know i'm going to be shot down in flames for this because i have no hard evidence (other than websites and forums!) but I'm not getting a November feeling. Can anybody with a better memory than me remember where we were in May 2004? Was there any hard evidence back then of a November release. Did we know any song titles?

Early May 2004 they were in Portugal doing the photo shoot with Anton. Bono mentioned that the single would be out in Septmber with the Album shortly after.

Seems they were a little further on than they are this time round. Or certainly, that's what our perception is. They could have it all in the bag for all I know!

I believe the whole band is there and I'm sure they are recording. Fans said Sam told them at HQ that they will continue recording somewhere where it's warmer, so I guess that's Eze.
And I'm positive about a November release. The truth is, we really don't KNOW how far they are and how much they have done. For all we know they could have had photo shootings. Just because they don't spill all the beans doesn't mean that they aren't progressing.
And for me a March release is also OK. That would be something different for a change.

Tizer said:

Early May 2004 they were in Portugal doing the photo shoot with Anton. Bono mentioned that the single would be out in Septmber with the Album shortly after.

Seems they were a little further on than they are this time round. Or certainly, that's what our perception is. They could have it all in the bag for all I know!

this is what i've been saying but then i got attacked by the optimist police :wink:

we also had the tour in 05 confirmed by paul mcg.

vlasak said:
Where can I find the pictures you're talking about?
http://forum.interference.com/t186455.html

It's Edge, Brangelina, and a passel of kids, until page 7, when you can see Bono and Ali.

So if the band is in France... with famous friends... they may decide to loudly play the music on the terrace for said friends... so we really oughta get some fans out there with a tape recorder :lol: Beach clips 2008!

Perhaps we should start checking domain names again. Does anybody remember the website to do lookups by who is registering the domains?

from U2log's archive

4 years and one day ago

Paul McGuiness said the album would be out in November and the tour would start in March 2005 in Miami

May 17th, 2004

At a speaking engagement, Bono says "the album is nearly there"

June 14, 2004

Bono says he's agonizing over the album title

June 17, 2004

Steve Lillywhite says the single is finished

June 29, 2004

U2Vertigo is found to have been reigistered as a domain name by Sebastian Clayton's company. Speculation about the album title started.

July 5, 2004

Beach clip, motherfucker

July 9, 2004

Album release date

July 13, 2004

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is registered as a domain by Adam's brothers' company.

July 15, 2004

Neil McCormick hears a full playback of the new album

I'll do the 2000 timeline later on, just to see what is what.

I just looked at 2000 as well.
The archives aren't quite as good going back that far.
U2log only goes back to July and atU2 doesn't really post tidbits. They stick largely to magazine articles and such.
That said, as we all suspect, it's very similar.
Both albums were finished in late June/early July

Again, before somebody feels the need to point it out....nothing says they will stick to this timeline but you'd have to be pretty oblivious to U2's recent method of operations to think they'd completely break out of this successful model.

Anyhow, there's not much else to talk about.

There was even talk of domain registrations back in 2000.
I'm going to try and see what I can find.

Sounds good; looks like June and July will be the telling months. I certainly hope so. Things get so exciting leading up to a U2 album release. I became a fan in 2001. So, I've only experienced one album lead-up. It was thrilling.

Willie Williams says that tour planning usually starts about 1 year prior to tour opening. Catherine Owens mentioned in interviews around the time of the U23D opening in Dublin that they were starting to have tour discussions and were due to have a meeting the next week (from whenever the interview was) to start brainstorming on tour design. She had already been having phone conversations with Bono about possibilites. So that would be in line with a tour starting in March or so of 2009. I don't think we are out of line with a November release yet. Also, the fan interactions in Dublin the last week or so that they were recording there indicated that Bono was doing vocals. Since he usually doesn't get into to high gear on vocals till the end of the process I would say they are in the wrapping up stages.

Dana

rihannsu said:
Willie Williams says that tour planning usually starts about 1 year prior to tour opening. Catherine Owens mentioned in interviews around the time of the U23D opening in Dublin that they were starting to have tour discussions and were due to have a meeting the next week (from whenever the interview was) to start brainstorming on tour design. She had already been having phone conversations with Bono about possibilites. So that would be in line with a tour starting in March or so of 2009. I don't think we are out of line with a November release yet. Also, the fan interactions in Dublin the last week or so that they were recording there indicated that Bono was doing vocals. Since he usually doesn't get into to high gear on vocals till the end of the process I would say they are in the wrapping up stages.

Dana

:up: Good post. I remember, albeit vaguely, the group meeting up to discuss the tour last year. I definitely read that somewhere...

Maybe there'll be a new album in November, and a new album in March. That'd be a kick.

U2DMfan said:
Perhaps we should start checking domain names again. Does anybody remember the website to do lookups by who is registering the domains?

from U2log's archive

4 years and one day ago

Paul McGuiness said the album would be out in November and the tour would start in March 2005 in Miami

May 17th, 2004

At a speaking engagement, Bono says "the album is nearly there"

June 14, 2004

Bono says he's agonizing over the album title

June 17, 2004

Steve Lillywhite says the single is finished

June 29, 2004

U2Vertigo is found to have been reigistered as a domain name by Sebastian Clayton's company. Speculation about the album title started.

July 5, 2004

Beach clip, motherfucker

July 9, 2004

Album release date

July 13, 2004

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is registered as a domain by Adam's brothers' company.

July 15, 2004

Neil McCormick hears a full playback of the new album

I'll do the 2000 timeline later on, just to see what is what.

Thanks for this, just what i was looking for! Hmmm, so we probably need to hear some news within the next few weeks to be on for a typical November release...

Back
Top Bottom