MERGED --> This Saints song... + The Saints are coming .. eww

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
This Saints song...

It just sounds like Green Day feat. Bono. What are the other 3 doing? Is Edge on guitar and Adam on Bass? It sure as hell isnt Larry on drums...Can anyone confirm?:confused:

Re: This Saints song...

Aardvark747 said:
It just sounds like Green Day feat. Bono. What are the other 3 doing? Is Edge on guitar and Adam on Bass? It sure as hell isnt Larry on drums...Can anyone confirm?:confused:

Lead guitar is Edge, Billie Joe supports.

I have no idea about bass but you can clearly hear two sets of drums. One going very fast and one pounding on top (don't which is which).

lead guitar = edge
rhythm guitar (aka punk guitar) = billy joe
main punk style drums = tre cool
louder mallet style boom boom drums = larry
2 dueling basses= Mike Dirnt & Adam (they are playing different parts simultaneously)

All members of both bands are playing their respective instruments together.

Clawgrabber said:
lead guitar = edge
rhythm guitar (aka punk guitar) = billy joe
main punk style drums = tre cool
louder mallet style boom boom drums = larry
2 dueling basses= Mike Dirnt & Adam (they are playing different parts simultaneously)

All members of both bands are playing their respective instruments together.

That sounds right. :up:

i'd like to hear it.

edit: just heard it. crap song :down:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. :up:

As for the song...

lbrit.jpg

"I don't like it."

Holy shit the studio version sucks.

Also I love how annoyingly subtle Billy Ho's voice is and then the Boner comes in howling like he's trying to reach God in every word.

That and there's way too much shit going on with the drums. Still Rubin did a good job keeping U2 from echo-ing it up too much.

Why did they leave the guitar solo,as small as it is,out. Listen to the original version at around the 1:50 mark. YouTube have the Skids on Top Of The Pops.:(

Canadiens1160 said:

That and there's way too much shit going on with the drums.

That's the best part about the song. I think it's a cool song, but average in terms of U2. Which is alright, I enjoy average U2, that's why I'm a fan.

Here's the cover for the single (according to u2.com, so put as much faith in it as you'd like! :wink: ) :

303_main1.jpg

I like the crisp sound of the studio version. I like the pirate-y "boom! cha! hey!"

I want to see Anton's Abbey Road photos of the two bands. The single cover posted above is still pretty cool though.

I have listened to this song.
I have had a few beers.
I think I really like thi ssong actually.

Gogo gadget collaboration! :dance:

bsp77 said:
That's the best part about the song. I think it's a cool song, but average in terms of U2. Which is alright, I enjoy average U2, that's why I'm a fan.

I loveeeeeee the drums in this song. :drool:

I actually like the song. I like guitar and drumb work is good, and I like Bono's singing in it. Not a fan of Greenday, but that's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom