MERGED ---> So how is it? + Now that it has soaked in, what's your review of Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much can compare to The Fly... or Achtung Baby for that matter! :drool:

But that's a different matter. Let's not compare. :slant:

Off topic:

Is anyone else amazed at the number of people on here who do not know the song Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead?

Yeah but to say it compares to their best ever songs is kinda going over the top a little don't ya think. Also notice what the DJ said after he played it? "Some bands you can just tell who it is". Hardly a glowing compliment? You can definetly tell a U2 song now but was a bit different 10 years ago. I don't think that the DJ was too impressed by the new song by saying this.

Hoodlem said:
Off topic:

Is anyone else amazed at the number of people on here who do not know the song Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead?

Haha maybe they weren't into Radiohead circa 1995. Personally I think it's one of their best songs ever, if not THE best one. :drool:

Hoodlem said:
Off topic:

Now that is a GREAT SONG!

Zootlesque said:

Haha maybe they weren't into Radiohead circa 1995. Personally I think it's one of their best songs ever, if not THE best one. :drool:

I know it on guitar

:drool:

rjhbonovox said:
Also notice what the DJ said after he played it? "Some bands you can just tell who it is". Hardly a glowing compliment? You can definetly tell a U2 song now but was a bit different 10 years ago. I don't think that the DJ was too impressed by the new song by saying this.

Actually, I think it means quite the opposite. We're all obsessed with U2 reinventing themselves and hope that they sound different with every new album. But if you just look at U2 as a great band, you can hear a good song and instantly recognize that it belongs to that great band. That's what he was saying.

Zootlesque said:

:drool:

you rock, dude! :rockon:

Of course, I might make my own religion of rockdom to avoid taxes like L. Ron Hubbard.

Maybe be like Peter Griffin and make a Church of the Fonz.

I think it's pretty good. It's got a lot of great things in it, but it feels a little ... lightweight? Which is fine for a new song on a hits package, so there you go.

Bono's voice sounds good, it doesn't sound too overproduced, it's a catchy tune, so it gets an overall thumbs-up from me.

rjhbonovox said:
Also notice what the DJ said after he played it? "Some bands you can just tell who it is". Hardly a glowing compliment? You can definetly tell a U2 song now but was a bit different 10 years ago. I don't think that the DJ was too impressed by the new song by saying this.

Actually, that was 2 different DJ's talking, the other chimed in and said "Who it is?"
After the other said "Some bands you can just tell."

Zootlesque said:
Not much can compare to The Fly... or Achtung Baby for that matter! :drool:

But that's a different matter. Let's not compare. :slant:

Exactly , why people need , got this urge of compare ???

It's just like movies , Spider-man 1 and 2 are great movies , different but great in their own ways , why can't be the same here ?

And still I don't see comments on LMJ's drums :hmm:

Just finished listening to it several times. Beatlesque this one for sure. Unusual this song is - I'm taking close note of the lyrics right off the bat, and I'm usually a music first, lyrics second kinda gal. And not because they're bad - I think Bono did real good on this one. :D Music is a little busy but not bad...overall I'm liking it lots. Just wish KROQ hadn't mashed up the first 40 secs. - before I found out I thought "what the hell weird jazzy thing are they trying there??" <g>

No way in hell though they will be playing it these final shows, they'll never get it together in time - maybe next tour.
:wink:

Pop Artist said:
No way in hell though they will be playing it these final shows, they'll never get it together in time - maybe next tour.
:wink:

I hope they can do it....but yeah, I thought the same thing. It seems a bit complicated to just throw out there live.

2:07 it's pure beatlesque

And from 2:11 don't tell it sounds like U2 coz it doesn't , aside from B's vocals

And C'mon Guys Don't make me start a thread About the bloody drummin of it , coz I know our beloved lovely mods will love it to shut it down

Last edited:
Utoo said:

Actually, I think it means quite the opposite. We're all obsessed with U2 reinventing themselves and hope that they sound different with every new album. But if you just look at U2 as a great band, you can hear a good song and instantly recognize that it belongs to that great band. That's what he was saying.

Totally a compliment. And obviously you instantly recognize the Bono voice.

man 1st i heard with phones , it's quite a piece

Bass + drums + 2nd guitar = :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom