MERGED ---> So how is it? + Now that it has soaked in, what's your review of Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I put "soul in its strip tease" in the other thread and then said "now I'm going to post in the 5 dumbest lyrics thread." but I can see Bono doing that. I just don't like it.

Screwtape2 said:
I think it is about Africa not about a relationship. Yeah, this isn't a love song. :eyebrow:

I think I just prefer the 'fast, upbeat, rock out' type songs overall.

The Slow Loris said:
Is 'Elevation' a better song? :eyebrow:

'better'? Not necessarily.. but as far as my personal preference goes, it may be a crappy song lyrically, but musically that's what I enjoy.

Is that ok?? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Varitek said:
Yeah I put "soul in its strip tease" in the other thread and then said "now I'm going to post in the 5 dumbest lyrics thread." but I can see Bono doing that. I just don't like it.

It is indeed "soul in its strip tease". I actually really like that line.

Sicy said:

'better'? Not necessarily.. but as far as my personal preference goes, it may be a crappy song lyrically, but musically that's what I enjoy.

Is that ok?? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Why so defensive?! The eyebrow smiley was to show I was pondering which song you'd think was better! I was actually being serious. Sheesh! Of course it's okay!

Slapnutz said:
Nice little song but ultimately disposable, I think.

I agree.

I think it will do rather well on the radio the next month(s), but not longer than that. Not close to being a masterpiece, but it will do its job and get attention to the compilation. Kind of like Sweetest thing I guess.

I've not made my mind up about the song yet but one thing I will say - the mix is nice and dense and miles better than the shit job Lillywhite did mixing and producing HTDAAB. I think HTDAAB would be miles better with a subtler and denser production like this.

The Slow Loris said:
Why so defensive?! The eyebrow smiley was to show I was pondering which song you'd think was better! I was actually being serious. Sheesh! Of course it's okay!

I guess I have a different interpretation of the eyebrow smilie than you do. I despise it :wink:

Sicy said:

I guess I have a different interpretation of the eyebrow smilie than you do. I despise it :wink:

I've been using it a lot in the last half
hour. :sad: I bet you're pissed at me. :sad:

LemonMelon said:
I've been using it a lot in the last half
hour. :sad: I bet you're pissed at me. :sad:

If its not being used at me I dont really care :D

LemonMelon said:

It is indeed "soul in its strip tease". I actually really like that line.

On its own, it's just a cheesey flowery metaphor. With the rest of the verse I don't think it makes much sense.

Holy poo I'm so excited right now!!! I'm in absolutely no state of mind to objectively review the song because I'm so friggen excited to just be hearing new U2!!! I'll hold my critical comments for a time when I'm not shaking with excitement. :D But I must at least say I like it. We just need a version without fucking Fake Plastic Trees during the first verse! Stupid fucking radio.

I loooooove the vocal harmony. :silent: Whoops. I shall say no more. ;)

Varitek said:

I have to agree. Sadly.

Yeah. Me, too. Very good tune - but not so memorable, and just...not much there. Great production though! Not better than anything on HTDAAB with the exception of "One Step Closer."

I hate when people throw around the term "Beatle-esque." It doesn't sound like the goddamn Beatles.

Wow, I've heard every reaction from "one of their best ever" to not as good as 'One Step Closer' or even 'Electrical Storm'.

Just goes to show music is ultimately completely subjective.

I have not heard it at all. I know I'm going to love it though!!!

So how is it?

Just would like a general feel of what people think of the song. I'm sure it'll be all over the place with the many different tastes....but overall I'd just like to know if it's a good song or not. What are the highlights? Lowlights?.....

the highlight of the song is the very beginning...just as "fake plastic trees"
is about to end...the rest of the song
goes downhill from there

:wink:

Just figured it'd be nice to have a thread where people give their review, likes, dislikes, instead of having to surf through hundredes of "Send it to me please xxx@xxx"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom