MERGED ----> New Album Update! + BONO: 'U2 Fans will feel difference on new album'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

Yeah, but then he said "I think we've got that."

True. I dunno...we'll just have to see! :)

I love the pre-album buzz. :yes: And it's not even on the immediate horizon yet!

So is "molten metal" this year's "punk rock from Venus"?

I'd love the new album to be different, but I'm not counting on it. That way I won't be too disappointed if it's more in the vein of the past two albums, and I'll be over the moon if they really do take a new direction.

Bono's shades said:
I'd love the new album to be different, but I'm not counting on it. That way I won't be too disappointed if it's more in the vein of the past two albums, and I'll be over the moon if they really do take a new direction.

:yes: :up:

This all does indeed sound intriguing. Personally, whether it's a double album or not, or whether they use dance music or this "molten metal" thing or whatever, all I know is that I'm looking forward to hearing whatever they come up with. It'll be nice to have new music from them again.

And when they tour, I WILL go, damnit.

Angela

BrownEyedBoy said:

Massive Attack sounds like an introverted, insecure and whipped Nine Inch Nails.

Like I sad, Massive Attack are extremely talented. Mezzanine is easily one the best albums I've ever heard. It's incredible really. Almost every song on there is superb. Risingson, Tearrop, Angel, Inertia Creeps, Mezzanine, Black Milk, Man Next Door, Group 4... that's probably the biggest collection of absolutely mindblowing songs I've ever heard on one album. Probably the most atmospheric, layered album I've ever heard. It's basically legendary already.

I can understand if music like that doesn't appeal to your tastes, but to call it bad is just assinine IMO. That album (and band) is already extremely highly regarded. New album next year, can't wait!!

shart1780 said:

Like I sad, Massive Attack are extremely talented. Mezzanine is easily one the best albums I've ever heard. It's incredible really. Almost every song on there is superb. Risingson, Tearrop, Angel, Inertia Creeps, Mezzanine, Black Milk, Man Next Door, Group 4... that's probably the biggest collection of absolutely mindblowing songs I've ever heard on one album. Probably the most atmospheric, layered album I've ever heard. It's basically legendary already.

I can understand if music like that doesn't appeal to your tastes, but to call it bad is just assinine IMO. That album (and band) is already extremely highly regarded. New album next year, can't wait!!

I tend to agree with this. While I wouldn't list Mezzanine as one of my very favorite albums, that's simply because much of it doesn't suit my taste, and I don't really have the attention span to get through it, not because of some lack of quality. Angel, Teardrop, Exchange, Inertia Creeps...much of it really is brilliant. Still haven't heard all of Blue Lines, but Unfinished Sympathy is a classic song.

I'd love to see a double album with enough songs to allow Edge to sing lead on a couple and let Bono just focus on piano on those ones.

shart1780 said:

Massive Attack is a completely amazing band. Much better than anything U2 has done in the last decade or so.
beside the fact that this is opinon, let's have a look at what Massive Attack has done the last decade
- Mezzanine 1998
- 100th Window 2003
- Danny the dog 2004

so that is basically 1 album that put them on the verge of greatness 9 years ago, followed by less than greatness unable to really evolve

so yeah, great choice for U2 to try to sound like that :up:

U2 + Massive Attack = HMTMKMKM :rockon:
--------------------

"trance influences (...) some very hardcore guitar (...) real molten metal (...) Moroccan influences (...) enough material for two albums" :drool:

Salome said:

- Mezzanine 1998
- 100th Window 2003
- Danny the dog 2004

U2:
1998 - Best Of
2000 - Sh*t album :madspit:
2001 - Live DVD
2002 - Best Of
2003 - Live DVD
2004 - HTDAAB :up:
2005 - Live DVD
2006 - Best Of / Live DVD
2007 - Live DVD / Re-mastered 20y.o. album (incl. Live DVD)

your point? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
shart1780 said:

I can understand if music like that doesn't appeal to your tastes, but to call it bad is just assinine IMO.

What...you mean like you constantly do with U2's music from this decade? :scratch:

LemonMelon said:

I tend to agree with this. While I wouldn't list Mezzanine as one of my very favorite albums, that's simply because much of it doesn't suit my taste, and I don't really have the attention span to get through it, not because of some lack of quality. Angel, Teardrop, Exchange, Inertia Creeps...much of it really is brilliant. Still haven't heard all of Blue Lines, but Unfinished Sympathy is a classic song.

this is a great album to have sex to.

:shifty:

(goes back to imagining a more polyrhythmic Larry)

Salome said:
beside the fact that this is opinon, let's have a look at what Massive Attack has done the last decade
- Mezzanine 1998
- 100th Window 2003
- Danny the dog 2004

so that is basically 1 album that put them on the verge of greatness 9 years ago, followed by less than greatness unable to really evolve

so yeah, great choice for U2 to try to sound like that :up:

Mezzanine alone is more interesting than everything U2 has done in the last decade.

Last edited:
But nothing they've done since Mezzanine has measured up, so really this whole diversion of the thread is pointless.

Let's get back on topic and just bash the future U2 that no one has heard.:|

Pet Sounds alone is better than what U2 released in the last decade but I would hardly say that U2 should sound like The Beach Boys did ages ago

Mezzanine is a great album
not as good as ATYCLB though

how's that for a salomefact

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Let's get back on topic and just bash the future U2 that no one has heard.:|
I strongly believe the new album will be a vast improvement over How to dismantle ....

not because of some funny Bonoisms but because the band seems to learn from mistake
judging by that "U2 by U2" book they seem to think of most of what they did as a mistake though :D

This is the first thing I've read about U2 in the last 18 months that was interesting enough to make me even come in here and post. I kind of forgot that Interference is primarily a U2 fan site. :reject:

Anyway, as BVS (and others) said somewhere, Bono has never been very good at describing U2's new records.

However, I'm still like :ohmy: at the news.

Back
Top Bottom