MERGED ----> Making the album in Morocco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So. I guess no-one knows who that is between Lanois and Edge? I can't figure out what he's doing. He's got a lot of paper in front of him by the looks of it. Perhaps he's there to hold the lyrics in front of Bono's face?

I hope it sounds more like The Beatles than Oasis trying to sound like The Beatles.

This could be a Revolver or it could be a Be Here Now.

You never know.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I hope it sounds more like The Beatles than Oasis trying to sound like The Beatles.

This could be a Revolver or it could be a Be Here Now.

You never know.

Be here now :drool:

All Around the World bitches :drool: :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

Be here now :drool:

All Around the World bitches :drool: :drool:

Magic Pie is great and so is Don't Go Away, but the rest is too indulgent, ridiculous, and trying way too hard to sound Beatlesque and relevant.

Be Here Now is pretty bad. :|

When it comes to post-Morning Glory Oasis, Don't Believe The Truth is my favorite.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Magic Pie is great and so is Don't Go Away, but the rest is too indulgent, ridiculous, and trying way too hard to sound Beatlesque and relevant.

I used to hate this album...but now I love it....:heart:

very self indulgent..:wink:but Oasis have done much worse----> Standing on the shoulder of giants :yuck:

LemonMelon said:
Be Here Now is pretty bad. :|

When it comes to post-Morning Glory Oasis, Don't Believe The Truth is my favorite.

Definitely :up:

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants isn't horrible, just disjointed.

I don't know who is who. There's doggies all over the place! :crazy: :lol:

Be here Now was only good in parts. Too lengthy and dreary!

Zootlesque said:

:lol: Don't hurt your head, man!

With an attitude like that I can see how you've ended up with 23 thousand posts+. I guess 22 thousand were spend trying to divert attention away from topics you didn't llke.

What prompted the band to go to Morocco anyway?

Are they looking for buried treasure like The Goonies?

That would be awesome.

I would like to see U2 make an album with out Lanois or any of their usual producers. I want a full blown Rick Rubin produced U2 album.

best.jpg

roy said:

With an attitude like that I can see how you've ended up with 23 thousand posts+. I guess 22 thousand were spend trying to divert attention away from topics you didn't llke.

Don't you get pissed off when people dis the 00s? It's the same thing.

Zootlesque said:

Don't you get pissed off when people dis the 00s? It's the same thing.

Yep, no doubt I do. But the difference is that I don't try to hijack the entire thread if I don't agree with the point being made.

The vocal minority on this site can't take any criticsim of their beloved 90's. You just have to look at this thread alone to see proof of that. Any attempt to criticise leads to idiotic responses from predictable posters in the vain attempt to divert attention.

That sort of response to criticism says a lot more about you than about me.

roy said:

Yep, no doubt I do. But the difference is that I don't try to hijack the entire thread if I don't agree with the point being made.

The vocal minority on this site can't take any criticsim of their beloved 90's. You just have to look at this thread alone to see proof of that. Any attempt to criticise leads to idiotic responses from predictable posters in the vain attempt to divert attention.

That sort of response to criticism says a lot more about you than about me.

That's your opinion that I diverted attention. I was just having fun. :shrug:

Justin24 said:
I would like to see U2 make an album with out Lanois or any of their usual producers. I want a full blown Rick Rubin produced U2 album.

If it was someone like Nigel Godrich or Jon Brion, or hell even Kanye West stepping in I wouldn't care, but outside of his work with Johnny Cash, what's great about Rubin's catalog? Eno and Lanois are the key to U2's greatest sounds, why not go back to them.

Back
Top Bottom