MERGED ----> Making the album in Morocco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are approximately 56 million things in this world harder than Green Day right now.

They're ranked between cotton and a Schrute Buck. In fact, I will deduct 50 Schrute Bucks from anyone who disagrees.

Absorb this information.

I hope they record there as well. Right now it looks like a songwriting session. It would be a shame to take these songs back to the sterility and complacency of a Dublin studio.

LemonMelon said:

:lmao: Sorry, man, but you need to back that up somehow.

Well, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" is not exactly "Wind Me Up" -- it's a pretty dreary song.

But I can see that your definition of dark and dreary is vein-opening and head-bashing, not melancholy.

silvrlvr said:

Well, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" is not exactly "Wind Me Up" -- it's a pretty dreary song.

But I can see that your definition of dark and dreary is vein-opening and head-bashing, not melancholy.

:lol:

His favorite band is Nickelback :wink:

Daniel Lanois writes the following on his website:

Excitement in the coming months...
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:39:48 AM »

It has been a very busy time since my last post. I have 3 of my own projects on the go that are nearly complete, and a few with some friends. Stay tuned, i'll be doing the official announcment in the next couple of weeks, I'm very, very excited!

Source:
http://www.daniellanois.com/journal.htm?board=2.0

The_Edge89 said:
Daniel Lanois writes the following on his website:

now that sounds VERY interesting, all i know is, its very very exciting seeing the build up start all over again, even if it is just on message boards etc

LemonMacPhisto said:
virgin_wideweb__430x283,0.jpg

AHHHHH KELLY CLARKSON!

A lot of Judd Apatow love around here lately.

silvrlvr said:

Nah, I just meant that the vast majority of their catalog is vapid, shallow teen sludge with no depth whatsoever. :happy:

silvrlvr said:
Even Saints?

They didn't write Saints...

Or Working Class Hero for that matter. :wink:

Their whole "dark and meaningful" shtick is rather new...probably since 2000 or so. The other 10 years they were just annoying mall rats. :tsk:

LemonMelon said:

They didn't write Saints...

Or Working Class Hero for that matter. :wink:

Their whole "dark and meaningful" shtick is rather new...probably since 2000 or so. The other 10 years they were just annoying mall rats. :tsk:

I live in Berkeley, where Green Day is from, and am a pretty massive fan, if I may say so. A lot of their stuff is poppy and bright, but the themes of alienation, war, and disillusionment (especially on the "Kerplunk" and "American Idiot" albums) are pretty dark.

If this thread is going to keep going off-topic, I wish it would at least stray to a band worth talking about...

Let's hear more about Eno/Lanois and hoping that the person who got "cut off" in that picture is Flood.

It almost looks like Bono is playing a Les Paul right there, but I can't tell. Still, it's probably one of those hollowbodies he plays.

Is that a hookah next to Larry's kit???

Good to see...

I wonder if they are using it for the same reason I used to use a hookah?? :drunk:

Back
Top Bottom