MERGED --> Are You Gonna Laugh If... + Which song would you absolutely not want on ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Are You Gonna Laugh If...

...U2 includes songs such as Gloria and Out of Control, that SHOULD have been on the two previous Best Of collections, on this new 'definitive' one? Because I would find that a bit funny. Those songs weren't good enough to make it to a best of, but would be good enough to make it to a 'definitive' best of... :coocoo:

I wouldn't laugh, I'd smile. It would actually make the collection minutely worthwhile.

you can never have enough of these. it's u2's most important release evah.

very true hehehe say hey when are we going to get a track listing??? I am dying to see what the new song will be! ahh the anticipation!!!! I really hope its "I believe" but i think it will be "all my life" or some other unheard non-beach clip

Michael Griffiths said:
I think it would be even more funny if the new song was simply called 'Beach Clip', and it was indeed just a beach clip - produced by Rick Rubin.

:lol: That would be awesome. :up:

Imagine the confusion when All My Life doesn't turn out to be called All My Life, etc. We all know the official name for 404 is really Bill's Olde Tavern. 403 is really Sputnik. 402 is Super-Ball, and 400 is General Tso's Chicken. :wink:

Even if we get the tracklist soon, we still may have no idea what the new song will be based on the title if they don't name it after a lyric.

Which song would you absolutely not want on the best of

Okay everyone is starting a best of thread so I want to start one too LOL. Ill make it different. What songs would you NOT want to be included in the best of! lets have it. for me it would be grace and mercy but i know atleast grace will not be there!

:wink:

Haha, that's the thing. The titles will probablly be waaaay off! I remember everyone being shocked when they finally saw the titles of ATYCLB. Everyone thought they had it completley down! Same with Bomb, I think.

Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day and When Love Comes to Town. Yes, they are awesome songs, but choose something else. Even cavedwellers are looking for something new.

There's no way WOWY won't be on this album. I'd be shocked. It's one of the most well-known U2 songs.

I don't want to see Desire on there. Or Vertigo, but that seems inevitable.

Let's see, these are guaranteed:

1. I Will Follow
2. New Year's Day
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday
4. Pride
5. With Or Without You
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Where The Streets Have No Name
8. Desire
9. Mysterious Ways
10. One
11. Beautiful Day
12. Vertigo

Alright, so of the remaining possibilities from The Best Of 1980-1990, 1990-2000, ATYCLB and HTDAAB, I wouldn't want to see:

The Unforgettable Fire
When Love Comes To Town
Numb
The First Time
Staring At The Sun
Gone
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species

None of those are "definitive" tracks fit for a single disc compilation. Songs like "All I Want Is You" or "Stay" are much more deserving.

I haven't seen enough of the info, but is this release actually being referred to as "definitive"? When it comes to music, I loathe that word. Seriously, besides the 2 new songs, they should include songs that are rare/live/NOT WOWY. U2 obviously have too many great songs in their catalogue to cram onto 1 or 2 discs.

^^^

The title of the album is apparently U2 18, not the Definitive U2 or something like that. The word "definitive" was only used in a news release stating there would be a new compilation coming out....but has since been sprinkled into every thread, creating a sort of paranoia it seems.

As for your song selection, why would U2 put that out to the casual music fan who would rather have 'With or Without You' along with their biggest hits?

Back
Top Bottom