Man I think I listened to NLOTH to much.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It definitely helps to listen to the other music and then get back to U2. For example: Somebody posted Pink Floyd's Lost For Words in another thread just now and I was listening to it. And now I have Floyd in my head. Otherwise I would keep thinking of NLOTH. And simply thinking or singing a song in my head over and over again can wear me out! I don't even need to listen to it. So people, go listen to other bands!! lol

The difference is really that big? I'm listening to the 256kbps and I'm not really finding anything wrong. Actually, it sounds a little "heavy" on the headphones, but I don't think it's such a big deal. Does the 320kbps version sounds a lot better? (I guess that LemonMelon haven't heard the 320 yet, so please someone answer me this)

I have not heard the 320k files, but I'm listening to the U2.com stream right now and it sounds significantly better than the 256k Mp3s (with headphones at least). I'm literally hearing parts I hadn't before.

The production (and mastering) on this album is miles ahead from Bomb IMO. There are SO many amazing little details :up:

So I used an iTunes gift card and downloaded some...The Boxer Rebellion...

I've been listening to them quite a bit as well. Very impressed with Union.

It's hard to quit listening to NLOTH. It's very addictive.

:doh: lol. This is what I want to avoid! I'm on my 4th listen now and hopefully I won't listen again till I get the official CD. I think I could probably make it. I'm already slightly saturated with Magnificent and MOS especially.

Only once. That's where internet spoils the Christmas night effect. I'm gonna get the proper album and then get sick of it properly. :up:

I've listened to NLOTH 5 times now. Not bored of it, but I need to give it a rest! I don't want to spoil next Monday too much!
I tell myself it's ok cos I'm listening the legal way, via myspace.

London. It's weird though, my mate who lives just down the road from me has the same problem. All he gets is GOYB. He's got Windows Vista, maybe that's the problem?:hmm:

The key is not to MAKE yourself listen to the album or MAKE yourself like it. Just sit back and relax, and let the album do its thing. And only listen to it when you really really feel the urge.

I did that and as a result the album has significantly grown on me, my rating of it has gone up, and I haven't worn it out - the newness is still prevalent.

This album has so much lyrical depth that it's hard to even understand what Bono's on about until like the 20th listen. (Or else I'm just slow, which is quite possible :wink: )

There are some challenging lyrical analyses to be done on MOS and Breathe, especially :drool:

Can't wait to get the super deluxe version of the album. I can't wait to hear stuff off Linear and whatever bonus tracks we get.

For those in the UK the myspace thing may be blocked because Spotify has an exclusive on streaming the album for the week leading up to the release.

Dana

I've found that it helps to alternate a new U2 album with the older stuff. When HTDAAB came out, I listened to it a few times, and then I thought it reminded me of something on another album, so I'd go listen to see how things compare and complement each other. U2 albums really help to enhance each other if you listen to them that way instead of having the same one playing all the time, no matter how good it may be.

I think it's a little ironic how so many people jumped on the wagon when the album was leaked and now there are already complaints of burnout before it's even been officially released.

Instant Gratification --> Overindulgence --> Burnout --> Boredom --> Impatience for Next Album, Repeat Cycle

I think it's a little ironic how so many people jumped on the wagon when the album was leaked and now there are already complaints of burnout before it's even been officially released.

Instant Gratification --> Overindulgence --> Burnout --> Boredom --> Impatience for Next Album

That's why I avoid listening to it ad nauseum. I can wait for March 1st (it'll be released in a special event at a CD store here).

Back
Top Bottom