Magnificent video is out, what do you think about it ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the Magnificent Video

• Total voters
It's really bland. It looks like an ad for a new brand of detergent. 'Make those whites even whiter. Use U2: Magnificent.'

So U2 is either liberating Fez/Morocco or promoting it as the new uber-sexy tourist destination?

Now I have truly heard it all.

actually they're promoting Mercy brand toilet paper... for a Magnificent ass wiping

mercy.jpg

actually they're promoting Mercy brand toilet paper... for a Magnificent ass wiping

mercy.jpg

:lol:

husband - thought it was boring
kids - liked the sheety bits lifting up, thought the dancing man was a bit naff
me - was secretly hoping for some 'mysterious ways' sexy ooze . . . but i like it anyway . . .liking how the 'sun' seems to come out as the song gets underway . . . still more impressed with album version of the song . . . the way it builds at the beginning is gloriousness personified

my :twocents:

carry on :D

You wanna how magnificent this video is?

None. It's very boring when compared to the GOYB video...which makes me wanna tear down the walls of Jericho.

i think its a very dissapointing video for a great great great song.
i was expecting something else of the video (don't know what:huh:)
i don't like the sheets being pulled up from the buildings it doesn't make any sense (to most people) and the dancing also doesn't do it for me.
but i still think that magnificent is a beautiful song, it might do well en the charts !!

They need to make another video. They did this very often in the past. I think it's now more than ever time to do this.

After a couple of views, I think the video loses interest. It's one of the weakest videos so far. Magnificent deserves better. It's their best song ever.

:hmm: Technically, this is the 4th Video for this song.

1. Anton Corbijn's Linear version (I actually like this version and keep the ripped from dvd video downloaded on its own.)
2. Live Sommerville version
3. Behind the Scenes version (yes I count this as it is set to full audio of the song)
4. Sheets version

I actually think the video is pretty damn good. The white sheets work pretty well. :up:

Yeah, I think it's alright. I like the Christo and Jeanne-Claude inspired sheets, and the Fez scenery is beautiful. Not much to it, I guess, but it could have been worse.

so 14 pages of "i don't like it" and hardly(i said "hardly" not "there isn't"), any thoughts/interpretations on the imagery? i mean come on folks, maybe the vid would make more sense if we had a better understanding of the meaning of it.
all these long winded, 1000 words per post, let me publish a thesis on interference about u2 and show off my super psuedo intellect people, and all we an get is " i don't like it", " i like it", etc,etc,?
:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

so 14 pages of "i don't like it" and hardly(i said "hardly" not "there isn't"), any thoughts/interpretations on the imagery? i mean come on folks, maybe the vid would make more sense if we had a better understanding of the meaning of it.
all these long winded, 1000 words per post, let me publish a thesis on interference about u2 and show off my super psuedo intellect people, and all we an get is " i don't like it", " i like it", etc,etc,?
:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Well shit brah, maybe you should show your interpretations instead of putting down folks for not showing theirs.

Well shit brah, maybe you should show your interpretations instead of putting down folks for not showing theirs.

i don't have any. i'm not as smart as the rest of you. just look at your brilliant response to my post. top of the line reasoning there.:applaud:
and show me the put downs? there was no insults or name calling, just an observation. is it my fault it's true?

just those sheets... are so incredibly badly rendered... come on U2, get a good computer graphic artist. I would have rather had a whole video of larry playing soccer.

I loved the video, I think the white sheets revealing the beautiful buildings are really cool but this butchering on the song really made it a little less powerful in my opinion. It's not like MTV is constantly playing the new U2 videos so they might as well do a video for the entire length of the original. Too bad. But overall it's a wonderful video.

ehh it was alright. The sheets being lifted off the old structures was beautiful, but the video started getting boring after a while. Also, the guy who was dancing as if in a trance was kind of annoying. Other than that it was alright, not too creative, but alright. I like the GOYB video better, but just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom