Magnificent delivered to the radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your Fucking Kidding Me !!. Please tell me this isnt a Photoshop job :hyper::applaud:

They are playing it in Holland as well this week. Wednesday it was #3 in the Mega Top 5, Yesterday Moment of Surrender was #4 in the Mega Top 5.

This mega top 5 thing is about the 5 biggest movers in the Mega Top 50 charts in Holland. These rankings were based on downloads alone, pretty unique.

Even the DJs didn't seem to understand that 2 album tracks could score so high.

...And yes, they played MOS in its entierety on the radio:drool:

That's awesome. The only radio station here that regularly plays U2 plays Magnificent much more than Boots already, which is probably a good sign.

I'm assuming we don't have any word on if the promo CD has a radio edit?

i don't think this song will be a hit. i'm not saying i don't think the song is good... i'm saying i don't think it'll be a hit.

releasing boots first has been an obvious mistake. i hope i'm wrong, but i think this will be mistake # 2.

Really? This one screams hit to me...

What do you think they should release instead?

i don't think this song will be a hit. i'm not saying i don't think the song is good... i'm saying i don't think it'll be a hit.

releasing boots first has been an obvious mistake. i hope i'm wrong, but i think this will be mistake # 2.

But you could of said the same about coldplay when they released violet hill first, and then the 2nd single was a hit,

can you really see your average teenaged boy singing along to "magniiiiiiiffficeeeeeent" ?

honestly... it doesn't matter. i think magnificent is a better song than crazy tonight, but if you really want a hit, you need to get that age bracket. if you don't care about getting a hit then who cares. but u2 do.

Well over here they play KOL's use somebody alot, IMHO i think Magnificent sounds more radio friendly.

Well over here they play KOL's use somebody alot, IMHO i think Magnificent sounds more radio friendly.

noooooo way. use somebody screamed single to me the first time i heard it.

and let me just say that i'm only really speaking for americans.. i have no idea what the kids are listening to over the pond.

Got a feeling they will release a heap of singles off this thing....5-6 my pick

U2.com emailed subscribers last month to offer a limited edition sleeve that holds 4 CD singles, so I would assume that only 4 single releases are planned.

Of course by the time they're out, the second album from the NLOTH sessions will probably be near its release date.

don't really care if this is a big hit or not. just glad that this great song will be exposed to the general public. :up:

Back
Top Bottom