Lucifer's Hands - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuckin' hell, spoiled. Better luck next time I guess.

So I take it these have leaked?

Yeah, but I mean, how else would we be discussing the song in a thread titled discussion?

Yeah, but I mean, how else would we be discussing the song in a thread titled discussion?

Alright alright jesus. How about "Darn, I'm bummed I wasn't clued in to the potential spoilers when I clicked on this thread(i.e. hearing an old riff come up in a new song ala Volcano on first listen)"

/discussion

Nice to hear Stingray recorded, loved it live although not sure about it as a proper song.

Sent from my D6503 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm holding off!

From the descriptions, it seems this song is a clear b-side but a good one at that.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd still like a version of the instrumental like they played live, there was so much energy in that song

I agree. Maybe it will grow but I don't really like the words around it, kind of detracts from the riff. Still, its still a very good song with an Actung Baby feel about it.

Kind of reminds me of The Fly in a way.

Punk rock party in a suburban home
Everybody's famous here, but nobody's known
We got no music 'cos the speaker's blown... apart

The spirit is moving through a seaside town
I'm born again to the latest sound
New wave, airwaves(?), swimming around my heart, uh huh.

You no longer got a hold on me
By Lucifer's hands
You're no longer in control of me
I am...

(something) An enemy's spin from an inky page
St. John Devine is going to take the stage
I can tell (or I can't doubt) your talent is your rage, I'm in..

(this verse is really tricky to decipher, but I swear he sings "the player is on fire...")

By Lucifer's hands
I am...

Woah.. yes I can change the world
Woah.. yes I can change the world
The fool? breaking breaking bread is made out of stone
The rich man wont eat he is eating alone
That's easy
I can't change the world in me

By Lucifer's hands
I am...

He was known as the Anti-Christ for a time there. :)

It's a grower for sure. A few spins in now and I like it a lot better than first impression. Bad-ass intro and riff. Middle section a bit mendering but it stands in the end. Get the feeling this one could have gone places had they only thinkered with it a few more years...

He was known as the Anti-Christ for a time there. :)

It's a grower for sure. A few spins in now and I like it a lot better than first impression. Bad-ass intro and riff. Middle section a bit mendering but it stands in the end. Get the feeling this one could have gone places had they only thinkered with it a few more years...

Yeah sounds better after a few listens. Really do think they could've turned this into a new classic with a bit more work,its got great potential.

It's raw and very rocky, I think I like it more than Chrystal Ballroom, reminds me of the Fly a bit. And Stingray is indeed hidden in there somewhere.

Solid b-side. I'd put it at about Salome quality. Wouldn't choose it over an album track.

I agree with you.

Some people are saying that Lucifer's Hands reminds them of The Fly...it reminds me more of Salome or Blow Your House Down, rather than The Fly.

I do enjoy the Stingray Guitar parts....but, I reaaaaaally miss the part from the live shows where Bono goes, "Stingraaaaaaaaaay....Stingraaayy guiiitaaaaar".

Maybe if they play this song live ever, he'll throw it in.

This one is pretty good, great to hear some of the remnants from Return of the Stingray Guitar.

People talked about Pop being unfinished or Mercy being unfinished, THIS is truly unfinished, after about 2:25 it basically goes nowhere.

Would have loved to see them finish it and replace SFS. Oh well theere's only so much you can do in 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom