Lucifer's Hands - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imagine the album without Miracle and Cedar and replace it with Invisible and Lucifer...just a perfect album

Just imagine the album with Invisible and Crystal Ballroom instead of Miracle and Song For Someone...

Well, it would be pretty decent.

Invisible + Crystal Ballroom >>>>> LOLcano + Miracle (or Cedarwood, that one is starting to wear thin also)

How they couldn't see that is quite beyond me.

SFS belongs.

Lucifer's sounds like it belongs on the same album as WITS, Mercy, Glastonbury, and those non-starters they tried out last tour.

Sent from my ass crack

Imagine the album without Miracle and Cedar and replace it with Invisible and Lucifer...just a perfect album

Um no, Cedarwood Road is an outstanding track. The album is good the way it is, Crystal Ballroom would have fitted thematically, but not really sonically, same for Lucifer.

Love the song and the riff, but the structure of it is just too similar to many other U2 album tracks we've had in the past for it to be anything other than a b-side for me. The way the song comes down in to the bridge with just Bono singing before having the riff and then kicking back in has been done a few times before by them which is maybe why it was only ever going to be a b-side.

The way the song comes down in to the bridge with just Bono singing before having the riff and then kicking back in has been done a few times before by them which is maybe why it was only ever going to be a b-side.

yep.. classic momentum killer. wish they'd decided to sit on the groove for a bit instead.

problem is Bono is too fat.

TOO PHAT FOR THE GROOVE

yep.. classic momentum killer. wish they'd decided to sit on the groove for a bit instead.

problem is Bono is too fat.

TOO PHAT FOR THE GROOVE

Don´t think so. It would be boring, with no progress if it was on the groove all the time.
You can also complain U2´s songs are always predictable when they have ABABCB structure most of time, but it is not so important, I think

Great song. Loved it from the get go. Shades of T Rex to me. Btw if anyone shoves a cell phone in front of my face when I'm that close to the stage, the Glasgow boy in me will appear?

I thought it sounded great. I've always liked the studio version and the live version really rocked. I hope they keep it in rotation. Lucifers Hands/Volcano would be a cool 1-2 punch after MW.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom