LP 13 Future Tour Ideas n Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
I have no sources. I’m just an aging fan with under 1,000 posts hoping that all this rumbling leads to a tour soon so I can continue a journey that started in 1983, the night after Red Rocks, in Boulder.

Many of us have tour ideas, here’s a few I’d like to see, what are yours?

And, I do assume this will be the last time out, others might not.

Piano Songs – I’d love the Edge to get back on that piano more often. As I recall, they drag the dang thing everywhere, and it gets little use -- October anyone?

Meet N Greet – It would be amazing for U2 to find a way to do the meet n greet thing with fans of all ages and genres that is disconnected from any cause, project or bank account. Personally I’d like 3 seconds to shake hands and say “thanks, I got way more out of that $500 pounds I spent than you ever will” and I’d try to make Larry laugh by tossing in a “neener neener neener!”

Best Jet Ever – what I know about airplanes fits on my pinky. That said, they need the coolest Best Jet Ever and we need the multi-media visual tour to see more than the paint job on the tail.

GA T-Shirt Equivalent – they should do for souvenir t-shirts what they’ve done for GA tickets. Great shirt, rock bottom prices, limited supply.

Your turn.

Meet N Greet – It would be amazing for U2 to find a way to do the meet n greet thing with fans of all ages and genres that is disconnected from any cause, project or bank account. Personally I’d like 3 seconds to shake hands and say “thanks, I got way more out of that $500 pounds I spent than you ever will” and I’d try to make Larry laugh by tossing in a “neener neener neener!”.

Im totally against something like this.

Why should artists charge a months wages for some people just to meet them (lady gaga charges nearly £1000) its taking the mickey and sponging your fans at the highest in my view.

Come and meet me for x amount of money,i just dont think its right.

Im totally against something like this.

Why should artists charge a months wages for some people just to meet them (lady gaga charges nearly £1000) its taking the mickey and sponging your fans at the highest in my view.

Come and meet me for x amount of money,i just dont think its right.

I don't either, but I don't think that was BWU2Buff's suggestion...

Please, no 'meet and greet'. Waiting in front of their hotels or at the back of the venue. That's the way to meet the band.

My biggest wish for the new tour is that they play indoor arenas again. It would be so much fun for the audience and the band. Please no stadiums again.

And please no tickets like Red-Zone, Front-Of-Stage, Golden Circle etc. Just first come - first serve.

I've love to see an acoustic, full band take on Running to Stand Still.. Bono on guitar, Edge on keys, Larry and Adam rounding it out. No reason that the acoustic sets need feature only Bono and Edge.

Please, no 'meet and greet'. Waiting in front of their hotels or at the back of the venue. That's the way to meet the band.

My biggest wish for the new tour is that they play indoor arenas again. It would be so much fun for the audience and the band. Please no stadiums again.

And please no tickets like Red-Zone, Front-Of-Stage, Golden Circle etc. Just first come - first serve.

I agree. I have a feeling they are going to pull off the Red Zone and those Backstage auction-only VIP packages again, though. Those packages seem to be the norm in the touring business nowadays.

I've love to see an acoustic, full band take on Running to Stand Still.. Bono on guitar, Edge on keys, Larry and Adam rounding it out. No reason that the acoustic sets need feature only Bono and Edge.

I wish they'd stop doing acoustic sets, but that's never going to happen. About time they do full band versions of Stay, Stuck, etc.

I'd like to see a lot of songs off of HTDAAB, since Adele is on their new single I'd like to see her open, lots of speeches, Rick Perry masks, and a volcano themed stage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

A constantly rotating sandwich on stage.

Rotating how, like spinning or rotating sandwich filling, like for example:

US tour 2015 leg 1 sandwich rotation, April 14 2015 -May 20 2015:

New York night 1: Reuben
New York night 2: Pastrami
New York night 3: Corned Beef
Philly night 1: Cheesesteak (of course)
Philly night 2: Ham and Cheese
Boston night 1: Lobster Roll
Boston night 2: Roast Beef
Botson night 3: Chicken Salad
Boston night 4: Fried Haddock
Chicago night 1: Sausage and peppers
Chicago night 2: Italian Beef
Milwaukee: Toasted Cheese
Detroit: Turkey and Swiss
LA night 1: Water cress and sprouts (Bono throws it into the audience and heads backstage to the buffet)
LA night 2: Grilled chicken
San Francisco night 1: Tuna
San Francisco night 2: Asian Salmon
Seattle: Crab and Shrimp Melt
Miami: Cuban Sandwich
New Orleans: Crawfish Po'Boy

Waiting outside the venue is a.o.k.

Stalking their hotel is creepy.

New York night 1: Reuben
New York night 2: Pastrami
New York night 3: Corned Beef
Philly night 1: Cheesesteak (of course)
Philly night 2: Ham and Cheese
Boston night 1: Lobster Roll
Boston night 2: Roast Beef
Botson night 3: Chicken Salad
Boston night 4: Fried Haddock
Chicago night 1: Sausage and peppers
Chicago night 2: Italian Beef
Milwaukee: Toasted Cheese
Detroit: Turkey and Swiss
LA night 1: Water cress and sprouts (Bono throws it into the audience and heads backstage to the buffet)
LA night 2: Grilled chicken
San Francisco night 1: Tuna
San Francisco night 2: Asian Salmon
Seattle: Crab and Shrimp Melt
Miami: Cuban Sandwich
New Orleans: Crawfish Po'Boy
Making me hungry.

I have no sources. I’m just an aging fan with under 1,000 posts hoping that all this rumbling leads to a tour soon so I can continue a journey that started in 1983, the night after Red Rocks, in Boulder.

Many of us have tour ideas, here’s a few I’d like to see, what are yours?

And, I do assume this will be the last time out, others might not.

Piano Songs – I’d love the Edge to get back on that piano more often. As I recall, they drag the dang thing everywhere, and it gets little use -- October anyone?

Meet N Greet – It would be amazing for U2 to find a way to do the meet n greet thing with fans of all ages and genres that is disconnected from any cause, project or bank account. Personally I’d like 3 seconds to shake hands and say “thanks, I got way more out of that $500 pounds I spent than you ever will” and I’d try to make Larry laugh by tossing in a “neener neener neener!”

Best Jet Ever – what I know about airplanes fits on my pinky. That said, they need the coolest Best Jet Ever and we need the multi-media visual tour to see more than the paint job on the tail.

GA T-Shirt Equivalent – they should do for souvenir t-shirts what they’ve done for GA tickets. Great shirt, rock bottom prices, limited supply.

Your turn.

they have always done meet and greet (just not always all 4 of them every time)... its called waiting at the artist entrance before soundcheck.. they come out then and sign, get pics and chat with the fans (thats how I got a signed picture from Bono and the Edge).. and it's not tied to any organization or charity.

What was wrong with red zone? The sections took up minimal space and likely would have just been left empty otherwise

Don't really get that one either... it was for charity, great seats and didn't take away from general GA spots.

IMO I'd love another stadium tour. I know I'm alone in this, but yeah, I enjoyed 360 a lot. Also death to the 'acoustic' songs with just Bono and Edge, like suck and stay. Bring back full band electric Stay! And I hope to never ever hear IALW ever again. :wink:

Furthermore I'd enjoy some songs off Pop. :D

I wanna see Kite and Hands That Built America come back. Those are 2 of their best songs of the 2000s, along with Walk On. When I Look At The World would be cool too, always thought that song's very underrated.

what are you smoking, Saget?

I think most of their 2000s stuff sucks. Atomic Bomb is horrible. My favorites are Miracle Drug, One Step Closer, and Yahweh. All 3 most U2 fans seem to hate. I've never liked COBL, I don't know why. I acknowledge thats its a good song, I just dont like it. But Man and Woman, Crumbs, All Because Of You, etc are some of their worst material they've ever put out. Talk about generic and bland.
No Line is solid. The title track is top 5 of the 2000s imo. That song got me hooked on U2. ATYCLB is by far their best of the last 3. I've always loved Hands That Built America. Would've been the song if it was on Atomic Bomb. But I know if someone has different opinions around here theyre considered a troll. But I don't care.

T6GgYHpG8d2l.jpg

Miracle Drug is my favourite song off Bomb :) I'd love to hear it live some time. Without the speech at the beginning though, killing the entire song before it even started.
Then again I do like AMAAW as well. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom