LP 13 Future Tour Ideas n Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't mind Bono and Edge doing 1 song acoustic. I think it's mainly just to give Larry a break, since he has a very active job onstage. But only ONE song. And it'd be nice if they did something besides Stuck, Stay or Desire. This is the one section that they could really mix it up in, because it involves little preparation, and no real light/screen production of any kind. Playing A Man and A Woman in 2011 at that Bill Clinton thing was a step in the right direction.

I don't mind Bono and Edge doing 1 song acoustic. I think it's mainly just to give Larry a break, since he has a very active job onstage. But only ONE song. And it'd be nice if they did something besides Stuck, Stay or Desire. This is the one section that they could really mix it up in, because it involves little preparation, and no real light/screen production of any kind. Playing A Man and A Woman in 2011 at that Bill Clinton thing was a step in the right direction.

I read that they were working on an acoustic version of Mysterious Ways for the 360 tour. That'd be interesting.

NLOTH is the best of the 2000's IMO. I even love GOYB, it's a great song with a strong riff (Lyrics aren't brilliant but I think that has been a constant issue throughout the last 3 albums).

I was surprised to see tracks such as Breathe and NLOTH removed from the last tour. I thought these were strong live tracks that never quite got the chance to achieve their potential. Also thought COL might make an appearance although slightly reworked with more dynamic feel for a live setting. I still have hope for that song.

I don't mind acoustic versions but how about trying different arrangements of songs other than just acoustic? Perhaps more electronic or orchestral? Perhaps give the slower songs a rockier feel?

No more acoustic Angel of Harlem. It's a snooze.

When was the last time Angel of Harlem was played acoustically?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

When was the last time Angel of Harlem was played acoustically?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

remember it being included in the opening 360 shows in Barcelona (I think). I'm sure Michael Jackson got a mention as he had died around the time.

I thought of a couple more today.

The slow, acoustic (?) version of SBS -- I think they did this during Pop Mart Tour.

Also WOWY when Edge sort of goes off at the end on a semi-solo... mostly remember this from the Joshua Tree tour era.

I want Acrobat to open the tour. I would crap myself. I think it was Willie Williams who said that doing that would be like saying "f*** off" to the audience. Personally, I'd think it'd be awesome. More f up the mainstream and less catering for relevance. But of course, I'm more of a f the mainstream person myself, so maybe I'm just crazy.

May I state the obvious: Mix up the setlists please.

I would also like to seem them play longer shows. No reason why they shouldn't be doing 3 hour shows.

More intimate shows, maybe less shows overall, but more shows in smaller venues and more shows in every city they're playing in, therefore: setlist mix up! no overblown technology, mainly focus on the music. And I am a fan of acoustic mini-sets, so I wouldn't mind having 1 or 2 songs played acoustically every night, but maybe different ones every night?!

Last tour was great for surprises really. 6 new songs, Zooropa, Your Blue Room, ALMOST getting Drowning Man and Walk to the Water. More of this please.

May I state the obvious: Mix up the setlists please.

I would also like to seem them play longer shows. No reason why they shouldn't be doing 3 hour shows.

3-hour sets would be great, but I'm sure their longest shows have been at least 2.5 hours.

I'd like them to play the majority of the songs from the new album for the whole tour please instead of kind of giving up and losing faith not even halfway through and becoming a greatest hits tour.

I'd like them to play the majority of the songs from the new album for the whole tour please instead of kind of giving up and losing faith not even halfway through and becoming a greatest hits tour.

To be fair they normanly do when the album is a massive hit.

Nloth and pop didnt live up to their expectations so some songs got lost as the tours went on

To be fair they normanly do when the album is a massive hit.

Nloth and pop didnt live up to their expectations so some songs got lost as the tours went on

They did that on the NLOTH tour as well.. but people cannot seem to understand that the 2010 and 2011 legs were not supporting NLOTH anymore as the band just continued touring after the album support was done. Check quotes from Edge from around 2010, he even mentions they're just touring for the sake of touring, not supporting any album, leaving them freedom to pick songs and rotate :blahblah:

I would be very happy if they gave When I Look At The World a shot.

Hmm yes, this. I count myself lucky to have been near the rail when they did a short version of this in Kansas City of all places. It was very well done and I"m not sure it showed up very often, if ever again.

It'd be fun if they played a cover song too -- though I know that would bum out some folks -- "we got a weak version of Won't Get Fooled Again instead of SBS, WTF?" -- then like 19 pages of posts about the merits of the trade off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom