Liner Notes for NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianvox

Acrobat
Do we know who is penning these for The 2? Adrian Deevoy or Paul Morley? Neil McCormack?

The husband of my wife's former boss and now friend is a film editor and good friend of Ed Norton since childhood.

Neither he, my wife, her former boss, Ed Norton, nor I have an answer to your question. And Ed doesn't really see the importance of knowing who writes the liner notes.

Unless you have info on this topic (real info), probably best not to start an entirely new thread.

So no one is taking this seriously?! They are all very funny repostes though.

I have no information - was wondering if anyone else had?

So no one is taking this seriously?! They are all very funny repostes though.

I have no information - was wondering if anyone else had?

Two things:

No one is taking you seriously, for that ship sailed a long time ago...

And we have no information regarding the liner notes...

Two things:

No one is taking you seriously, for that ship sailed a long time ago...

I don't mind not being taken seriously....all of time...I'm often trying to be funny with a particular stress on 'trying' I suppose!

I love liner notes and its usually my favourite part of any album, especially any album by The 2. The notes to all of the live DVDs have been excellent. Hopefully HOLTH will continue in that (rich) vein.

right......

so, back to the topic....a left field choice would be someone political. Say Bill Clinton or Nelson Mandela or even Tony Blair (joking about TB)

Seeing that you're obviously not here looking for a fight, and that you are genuinely asking a question, I will say that we haven't heard anything about the liner notes so far. Interesting question, but I'm afraid it can't really got very far.

And I wouldn't hold your breath for Nelson Madela. :wink:

Seeing that you're obviously not here looking for a fight, and that you are genuinely asking a question, I will say that we haven't heard anything about the liner notes so far. Interesting question, but I'm afraid it can't really got very far.

Thanks Rosebud. I just wondered whether someone like Mandela or John Hume might do something for the liner notes. Though it could also be someone from amnesty or greenpeace. someone all of the band can stomach writing the notes.

He wasn't satisfied with that answer before...

Thanks Rosebud. I just wondered whether someone like Mandela or John Hume might do something for the liner notes. Though it could also be someone from amnesty or greenpeace. someone all of the band can stomach writing the notes.

Why would it be anyone of these people? If anything it will be someone who either worked on the album with them, or someone who documented the making of this album.

No one else would make sense. You don't get "outsiders" to do the liner notes unless it's some kind of compilation/best of/boxset...

Why would it be anyone of these people? If anything it will be someone who either worked on the album with them, or someone who documented the making of this album.

No one else would make sense. You don't get "outsiders" to do the liner notes unless it's some kind of compilation/best of/boxset...

good point but since when did The 2 stick to the script?

If its someone who was there during the making of it could be Sean O Hagan or Gavin Friday?

Back
Top Bottom