Linear Tracklist vs. NLOTH Tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ll give it a spin later when I’m home. I think how you open this album really defines how you listen to it though. If you open with Unknown Caller or Fez-Being Born, it’s far more obvious that you’re being dropped into a story, not just another album of Big U2 Hits. No Line is a far better opener musically for the tracklisting that they have though.

I’ve never been interested at all in mucking around with tracklists. Never read those threads, always skim those posts. But I’ll definitely enjoy giving NLOTH + Apparent New Album a spin around.

It sounds too similar to city of blinding lights... U2 should quit copying themselves...

Linear sounds like it would be more interesting if they had allowed Corbijn to use alternate mixes and non-album tracks (other than just "Winter". It basically sound slike an extended video for the album.

I agree with Eno that Winter should have been on the album (see Adam's Mojo interview). This album is close to great . . . if they had ditched Boots and Stand Up Comedy, and replaced them with Winter and Every Breaking Wave.

watched it this morning. it is awful, and extremely boring. mostly a guy riding a motorcylce. literally he is driving the motorcyle for 30 minutes of the "film". i don't think it adds anything to the album/ music at all.

i would be really suprised if anyone watches this thing more than once. definetly not worth the money.

This doesn't surprise me. I had a really hard time getting through CONTROL, and I'm a huge Joy Division fan. I much preferred the Ian Curtis/Joy Division segments in 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE, which is also just a great, lively, fun film, that dips into moments of truly heartrending sadness. The death of Ian Curtis in that film was handled so much more poignantly than in CONTROL.

Actually, the description of this - a guy riding on a bike for 30 minutes and not much else - sounds a lot like Vincent Gallo's critically reviled THE BROWN BUNNY. At least that movie has the infamous Chloe Sevigny blowjob scene going for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom