Linear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's probably been said already, but Winter sounds so much better in full quality than the original leaked version. The bass carries that song and was barely noticeable in the version that every heard originally.

It's probably been said already, but Winter sounds so much better in full quality than the original leaked version. The bass carries that song and was barely noticeable in the version that every heard originally.
Winter is awesome. Bono's voice sounds so good and the lyrics aren't forced. Feels like they are playing as a band too. Just real relaxed and at home with itself.

Who knows...maybe Tripoli is a song about clouds and Every Breaking Wave is a song about salads. :D

"Every sailor knows the sea / is a friend made enemy / so pass the balsamic vinaigrette / this ocean aint seen nothin yet"

Sorta goes with the abandoned "food" concept of the album (see the Butter on Toast line from Winter)

lol very funny

I'm on this boat. maybe i'm too excited to think clearly and it's right in front of me, but can someone point me in the right direction?

:heart::heart::heart:

There is no download code. If you have the digipak version, just insert the CD into your computer and go to U2 : No Line On The Horizon and the film should download for you. Here's the actual text from the back of the digipak:

"Go to U2 : No Line On The Horizon with this CD in your computer drive and follow the simple instructions to watch "Linear," an exclusive Anton Corbijn film."

What a wasted opportunity; This was filmed the weekend before the due date. Really a waste. Beautiful visuals but a 10 min aerial shot does not make a narrative. Bullshit

Woah man Linear is just too boring.

I like things on fire but did the whole song have to be the motorcycle on fire?

I loved it, this is one of the most interesting things they've ever done. The Fez part was the biggest letdown, he's just sitting there eating when *that's* the song about him riding his bike from France to North Africa!

I loved it, this is one of the most interesting things they've ever done. The Fez part was the biggest letdown, he's just sitting there eating when *that's* the song about him riding his bike from France to North Africa!

yeah, i actually LOL'd during that part. the whole diner scene reminded me of Twin Peaks, for some reason.

Magnificent is the story of my entire childhood...the picture never coming in on the antenna.

I guess perhaps on Being Born, Corbijn was trying to capture the tense, almost claustrophobic sound of the song, with the two characters just sat so obviously close to, and aware of, each other, but without speaking.

Or something.

Still didn't work for me though!

I have the feeling that clip was shot for a different song and after the album re-organisation it was assigned to Being Born. It would have worked better for Crazy tonight!

Okay, been a little while since I've been around the forum, because I didn't really want to be caught up in the chaos around here once the album actually dropped. So, I have a question that may already have an answer and I apologize in advance.

Is there an audio rip of "Winter" circulating around here? I think it is a great song. However (and I am really not trying to go down this road or instigate anything on this topic again), the song is the first time I can actually recall U2 sounding like Coldplay...just sayin'.

Do you guys think Every Breaking Wave originally was to be included after Cedars of Lebanon as it supposedly was going to end up on No Line On The Horizon? Just a thought.

:hmm: possible.

Watched Linear for the first time today. The girl in the cafe=nice. The GOYB part is funny. Should've been the video for the single :lol:

:hmm: possible.

Watched Linear for the first time today. The girl in the cafe=nice. The GOYB part is funny. Should've been the video for the single :lol:

I really found it unbearable hehehe, I think it's a great idea, yet it's poorly executed. They should've released broken down into different videos available for download after purchase, instead of the whole thing, or DVD. So you're carrying it on your ipod and have something to look at besides the cover. It's not good at all for seating down and watching it!

Just saw "Linear" for the first time yesterday. About halfway through viewing, I remembered a scene from "The Sixth Sense":

Dr. Crowe: Did your father used to tell you bedtime stories? [pauses] Once upon a time there was this young prince and he decided that he wanted to go for a drive. He got his driver, and they started driving. Driving, driving. [sighs] Driving a lot. And, uh, they drove so much that he fell asleep. And- [pauses] Then he woke up, and he realized they were still driving. This was a very long trip.

Cole: Dr. Crowe? You haven't told bedtime stories before.

Dr. Crowe: Uh, not too many, no.

Cole: You have to add some twists and stuff.

The movie sounds kind of strange ... can't wait to watch it to find out myself.

I only paid 40 euros for the box set, still I would have loved to have some U2 performance video or extra footage or some kind of documentary on the DVD instead of that movie or in addition to the movie.

At least the book looks good.

I think calling it a "movie" is a bit of a stretch. I think it's more of a screensaver than anything else.

I actually lol'd when he kicked the bike over in his goofy cop helmet. :lol: I don't know why, it just made me crack up it seemed so corny.

The movie wasn't great, but it did what it said it was going to do. Provide a moving image for people to look at while they listen to music. So I don't have anything against it. I'm pretty sure it was never meant to be a fully fleshed out story of the album. More of just a scene with a specific mood set to each song. Magnificent was the best of course :wink:

The part where they (cop and waitress) stared at eachother for a while was really awkward and made me laugh again. :D

I just finished watching it...some images were really breath taking! I'm going to Spain/France this summer...makes me super excited

Other than that...I really didn't get it, mustaches on strippers? Okay Anton...

Did anyone notice that during GYOB, the girl has the number 6 tatooed on her ass, and the guy has a number 6 pool ball attached to his key chain? GYOB is song number 6 on NLOTH.

i dunno, im beginning to warm to the film, especially the women with moustaches in GOYB, there's something oddly seductive about it,,,, at first, i was like WTF ? now's like hang on,,,,,there's something there ....

Back
Top Bottom