Letterman Wednesday (3/4): "I'll Go Crazy..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, but I think all the songs have started off shaky and then warmed up – and that’s pretty common for them on TV/awards etc for some reason.

I don't think that's an accident. I think its a result of not singing consistently for a while. Once he gets his voice into tour form he'll be able to hit these notes consistently. I think its pretty common for him as he learns the songs, gets comfortable with them and gets his vocal chords into shape again so he can belt the tough notes out.

no joke. they played Beautiful Day, and then Vertigo while the cameras weren't filming.

Oh the humanity!!! We have to listen to a U2 classic...:lol:

"I am very happy to be sittin back having a beer I wanna tell you, thank you"

I'm not too excited about GOYB, but I keep seeing posts that they've been staying after to work on these songs and the audio quality here is way better than the award shows.

So I think we may get the best GOYB live yet, which could be electric. Maybe they'll figure out the "Let me in the sound" bit:love:

(PS - As an aside, when I was at a bar after the taping, I looked up to the TV and saw Larry at tonight's Knicks game! He was at the Garden and even got interviewed by the MSG Network sideline reporter. Alas, the volume was off so I couldn't hear what he was saying)

Pretty cool that after talking about "U2 Way" she asked him his favorite U2 song.

And appropriately enough it's "Where The Streets Have No Name."

_________

"I don't want to be on the news.*You* want to be on the news."
"Emm...that's true."

I would like to see them do something with Paul Shaffer.

They could bring in Paul Schaffer to do the keyboard parts on, say, Moment of Surrender or Unknown Caller. That'd be pretty sweet. :drool:

EDIT: Guess not if it's Beautiful Day. Bummer. They should've gone with all new stuff the whole week. Everyone's heard Beautiful Day, Vertigo, etc. loads of times before.

I was hoping we'd get Stand Up performed live.

So was I :drool:..But what can you do:doh:...I am just happy U2 has been on all 5 days on Lettterman it has been great fun for me...I wish they were performing every night...gives me something to look forward to.. :applaud:

Does anyone remember if White Stripes played an older song when they did Conan O'Brien's show 5 nights in a row a few years ago?

That last part they added onto Beautiful Day... is that new?
:drool:

"...they never really do":drool:

This was my favorite Letterman performance so far! :) I'm a bit disappointed to hear it's Beautiful Day tonight though. :/ I was hoping for another new song.

Great/Classic Songs

Breathe
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender

Very Good Songs

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Get On Your Boots
Unknown Caller
No Line On The Horizon
Stand Up Comedy
Fez - Being Born

Pretty Good Songs