Let's send a collective prayer out to U2 during this last recording push

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Slow Loris

War Child
With all the negativity, speculation, and opposing stories about U2 recently, and all the pressure that must come with that, the thought hit me today that it would be a cool thing for all of us to collectively make a prayer for U2. We can put it into words or simply good vibes, or mental images. I think if we all did it at the same time it would me more powerful. But what's most important is it doesn't become a wish list for what we the fans expect from the new album -- but moreso a message of love and hope and faith that we believe that THEY will find the magic within themselves by being true to themselves. I know they tapped into this magic during the making of The Joshua Tree, for example -- not by trying to be "relevant" to others, but being relevant to themselves. And that album just so happens to be their most successful record. Part of me questioned if this post, itself, is relevant. Then I asked myself how U2 would feel about all their fans uniting in prayer to help propel them back to that place that Sam Sheppard called "The center of contradiction....where the heat is, where the energy is," and I came to the conclusion they would feel quite humbled by it, perhaps even honored. And being a band of faith themselves, they certainly wouldn't be against it. If the mods want to delete it, delete it they must. But I have a feeling that's not what U2 would want. If anyone is for this idea, let's make a prayer for them every night until we hear something official about the album's release. Who's in?!

I'm not a praying person but I can send positive thoughts. I could use an attitude change about this album myself; I've been feeling kind of cranky about it.

I remember this one time at work when I found out that Jesus was going to be our new cleaning guy only to be massively disappointed when I discovered that it wasn't the same Jesus I was expecting.

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

ku-medium1_zpsd480457c.gif

With all the negativity, speculation, and opposing stories about U2 recently, and all the pressure that must come with that, the thought hit me today that it would be a cool thing for all of us to collectively make a prayer for U2. We can put it into words or simply good vibes, or mental images. I think if we all did it at the same time it would me more powerful. But what's most important is it doesn't become a wish list for what we the fans expect from the new album -- but moreso a message of love and hope and faith that we believe that THEY will find the magic within themselves by being true to themselves. I know they tapped into this magic during the making of The Joshua Tree, for example -- not by trying to be "relevant" to others, but being relevant to themselves. And that album just so happens to be their most successful record. Part of me questioned if this post, itself, is relevant. Then I asked myself how U2 would feel about all their fans uniting in prayer to help propel them back to that place that Sam Sheppard called "The center of contradiction....where the heat is, where the energy is," and I came to the conclusion they would feel quite humbled by it, perhaps even honored. And being a band of faith themselves, they certainly wouldn't be against it. If the mods want to delete it, delete it they must. But I have a feeling that's not what U2 would want. If anyone is for this idea, let's make a prayer for them every night until we hear something official about the album's release. Who's in?!

I'm in. U2 are very spiritual... one of the reasons I've been a fan since the 80s. What's wrong with a little positive energy/prayer? If you don't pray then sure, send good thoughts!

however well intentioned this thread was.. you can be sure it'll be torn down by the cynics..

even the fans who love..

EVEN THE FANS WHO LOVE!!

Sure, I'll do it, even if it doesn't work. :therethere:

I'm an atheist but I will send positive thoughts to their studio!

Back
Top Bottom