Last Letterman performance on Youtube: Friday 03/06 - Get on your boots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just watched it (gotta love youtube / audioperv etc etc etc)

thought it was great - they finally seem to have found their feet with this one :yes: I love how excited (well, pleased maybe) Larry seems to be to be back there doing his thing!

They all seem to have an energy about them and an enthusiasm for the songs that bodes well . . . dare I say it but mebbe we'll bid adieu to some of the older songs this tour around???

Cracking performance . . . now just have to keep my mettle for the big announcement

:D

I really liked this performance of Boots. I thought it came off really strong, and it's not a very strong track initially, so it really worked.

Bono allready sounds like he actually doesn't believe what he is singing and the tour hasn't even started yet:rockon:

Wow... :huh: some of you really read a lot into these performances. I didn't hear or see that at all - in fact, I felt it was the best performance I've heard of the song so far. And I think the song shines better live than "Vertigo" did (which is rare for a U2 song - "Pride" is the other song that I felt U2 could never quite capture live as they did in the studio).

It was a solid performance. Nothing wrong with it all. However, it is ridiculous how many excuses people come up with for Bono's not so great vocal performances. He must be the only singer in the world who has a cold or is a little under the weather 365 days of the year. Seriously, the Bono apologists should wrap him up in cotton wool and be done with it.

Seems like the best version of it so far. Agree that they look more comfortable with it.

I found the quote pretty funny because it is so true.

I have come to accept that Bono is gonna have his good days and bad days and occasional great days. I appreciate that he has flaws as a singer, although sometimes I wish he would better understand when he can't do something like he could back in the day ... and just let it go.

I just don't want to see them put up going through the motions performances like they did on the Grammy's with "Boots"

it's ridiculous for a 50 yr old to be attempting the dance moves he was making. i think the earlier performances were much better. easily the weakest of the 5

Everybody is talking about him almost being 50. Thats true, but does that mean you can only do unplugged concerts and sit in a comfy chair? I like that they are into the music and dont give a f**** what anyone think and just go mental. The same goes for Adam.. havent seen him go crazy like this (see the university clips) in a long time. I expect nothing less from a band than give it all and if that means an almost 50 year doing some funkie moves i love it!

Is 50 really that old?

Everybody is talking about him almost being 50. Thats true, but does that mean you can only do unplugged concerts and sit in a comfy chair? I like that they are into the music and dont give a f**** what anyone think and just go mental. The same goes for Adam.. havent seen him go crazy like this (see the university clips) in a long time. I expect nothing less from a band than give it all and if that means an almost 50 year doing some funkie moves i love it!

Is 50 really that old?

Unfortunately, in rock star years, yes it is.

But, who the hell wants to see the boys just sitting in la-z-y boy recliners.

It was great to see them having fun with "Boots," but the insane backlash towards it is probably going to hold it back unfortunately.

Easily the best boots so far imo. It's getting a much more easy and natural sound. It seems like the guys are comfortable playing it now. The first few performances seemed a bit scattered and disjointed to me, but they're getting it down. :applaud:

And damn was Bono excited! :hyper:

:wink:

He really was. Made me smile and giggle. :lol:

Aging gracefully is overrated.

you got that right. :wink:
I only subscribe to aging gracefully for business reasons. Otherwise, its open season on being ridiculous.

It was a solid performance. Nothing wrong with it all. However, it is ridiculous how many excuses people come up with for Bono's not so great vocal performances. He must be the only singer in the world who has a cold or is a little under the weather 365 days of the year. Seriously, the Bono apologists should wrap him up in cotton wool and be done with it.

If Bono is bad then this must be a voice from some noisy hostile aliens coming to irritate us to death. :wink:

YouTube - Gnarls Barkley - Reckoner (Radiohead cover live HIGH QUALITY)

BTW Bono is approaching 50 years old. He's not going to sound like this anymore:

YouTube - U2 - Bad (Live from Dortmund 1984)

Doesn't rock 'n roll shouting affect vocals at some point like with Robert Plant?

That's a different thing than "age" that is abusing your voice...not taking care of yourself...etc...but age has nothing to do with it. You dont think Luciano sang at the top of his lungs?

Is 50 really that old?

If all U2 fans between the ages of 40 and 50 called it quits and never went to see the shows, there'd be no one in the audiance!!! You rock on as long as you can. :rockon:

Stick a Boot in the "Boots" bashers I say....This thing translates into an animal live...and will be a highlight of the tour no doubt...
"weakest song on the album"...Im sick of hearing it!

Stick a Boot in the "Boots" bashers I say....This thing translates into an animal live...and will be a highlight of the tour no doubt...
"weakest song on the album"...Im sick of hearing it!

What the song or the BS negativity?:wink:

BTW Bono is approaching 50 years old. He's not going to sound like this anymore:

YouTube - U2 - Bad (Live from Dortmund 1984)

His voice was stronger then but he didn't know how to use it.

I'll bet there's no way he could have done Pavarotti's part in "Miss Sarejevo" back then like he did in when I saw U2 in Japan in Nov. 2006. Gives me chills every time I hear it.

Back
Top Bottom