Larry speaks about new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mercy.jpg

you'll need the triple ply for the live version...

If Mercy ends up on the album, it would be interesting to see what Danger Mouse does with it. Unless he hated it and threw it away.

I don't see why it would be included on the album, since the band already released the song.

You mean the live version on Wide Awake in Europe? I was thinking of a studio version. If they released a live version of a song, does that count as a release and eliminate the possibility of the song ending up on a studio album?

I'm not really expecting to see it on an album, unless they're short on material or they just really like it.

I would think that it would eliminate the possibility of it coming on the next studio album, yes. If we see a new/officially released studio version of Mercy, it'll probably come on a best-of compilation.

The live version eliminates the NEED for a studio version of Mercy, but not the possibility. All the same, it's an old song and doesn't belong on a 2013 album IMO.

Putting a song that came on their most release commercial release on their next studio album isn't something that's going to happen, so I'd bet that it does eliminate the possibility that it shows up on the next album.

I'd bet on it popping up on a compilation eventually, or as a b-side or bonus track maybe.

Putting a song that came on their most release commercial release on their next studio album isn't something that's going to happen, so I'd bet that it does eliminate the possibility that it shows up on the next album.

I'd bet on it popping up on a compilation eventually, or as a b-side or bonus track maybe.

Track one on the HTDAAB remastered B-Sides disc is where it really belongs.

Isn't Danger Mouse all new material ? Did they ever say Mercy was a part of those sessions ?

I don't see what's the point of this discussion. There are no indications whatsoever that they'd include Mercy in any new release. It has already been released. IF anything I'd say they will include the reworked versions of the unreleased songs they played live in 2010, Larry talked about these songs being "rewritten". I don't see Mercy ever appearing again on a release since I don't think they'll go back to the original studio version. I still think it's a pity they abandoned that one and made a not so great live version out of the song. But for the new album I'm all for new, aka: non released material.

If Mercy is included on the new album I would be worried about the quality of said album, not because I dislike Mercy but because it would show they're really hard up for material.

I think Mercy will only see an official release on a future best of release, covering this period of their career.

When talk of SOA started to dry up I really thought they might have released a 360 EP with stuff like Stingray, Glastonbury, Mercy etc just to draw a line under things.

Dallas Schoo, more like Dallas Who? He's a callous dude with a palace view playing with Edge's phallic tools.

U2 appeared in my dream last night and presented the new album exclusively to me, including new photos and new videos for the songs. I cannot remember the title. Most of the songs were crap and totally confusing. One song stood out for me, it was very pop-ish and radiofriendly with a great rhythm but I disliked everything about it and hated U2. I woke up sweating heavily from that nightmare. :no:

U2 appeared in my dream last night and presented the new album exclusively to me, including new photos and new videos for the songs. I cannot remember the title. Most of the songs were crap and totally confusing. One song stood out for me, it was very pop-ish and radiofriendly with a great rhythm but I disliked everything about it and hated U2. I woke up sweating heavily from that nightmare. :no:

You were just having a flashback to when Pop came out.

There there. HTDAAB is a long forgotten memory now.

The cringeworthy music video for Vertigo with Bono baring his chest and striking poses like the return of Jesus or something would have given me nightmares too! :p

The cringeworthy music video for Vertigo with Bono baring his chest and striking poses like the return of Jesus or something would have given me nightmares too! :p
I dislike everything that has anything to do with that album with a strong passion, including that ridiculous video.

Back
Top Bottom