Larry speaks about new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*U2 fan's random dream alert*

I'd love if the band were to release a soundtrack to a movie. maybe something for Wim Wenders. write and record all original music and release it as their next album. Under the Passengers name if they wanted.. then 6 months later release their next traditional U2 release.

the live version of Mercy sounds like the band trying to force a pop song out of a U2 song.

Now it seems everything is up to ADAM who's been the only one so far to not comment on the album, the progress they're making in the studio or the title or release date.

But I think he's too busy with his hair these days :shifty:

Adam may be keeping quiet, but his floof can still give us spy reports via its twitter account.

I'm trying to book them in for an entire promo tour of kunstmuseums right now. :up:

Yes, they definitely changed Mercy for the worse :(

Still, it was amazing hearing that song live. Some years ago, before the tour, no one would have ever thought they'd do that.

In the case of Mercy it's akin to slaughtering roadkill anyways.
So it doesn't matter.

lol. I wouldn't describe it so bad! But the song was too meandering and really did sound like an unfinished demo of sorts. But that WAIE version certainly doesn't sound like the answer either!

oh you Mercy bashers can all eff off! i saw this version live just 3 days before that recording and it was really special and i feel very lucky to have seen it! :heart:

mercy.jpg

You wanna kill me and I wanna die!

Blah.

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

The contrast between "finished" Mercy and live Mercy is the best existing example we have of U2 destroying their own work because they thought, for whatever reason, that people would enjoy the shittier version more.

Headache i'm confused - i thought you implied you wanted to wipe your ass with it?!

Back
Top Bottom