Lanois on the Fez sessions in new interview!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rachel D. said:
Cool! I can't even begin to guess what the album might sound like. This will be quite interesting.

:yes: They used native percussionists and violin/string players in the sessions, right ?

Could be different from anything the band did so far.

chrissybaby said:
Lanois is saying that he recognises that the band are going through a new sonic gear shift and are looking to break new ground just as they did in the early 90's!!!!!

Hot damn. :drool: :combust:

Lanois would make a great ventriloquist. He barely moves his mouth when speaking.

Did anyone else see his earlier film Rocky World from the early 90's? U2 made a small cameo as Danny played a song during a ZooTV show - ISHFWILF I believe. Funny, because the film is pretty small - Danny hangs with his folks and stuff - and then it has this segment in a huge stadium.

Snowlock said:

Words right out of my mouth. It's easy to like their musical directions retroactively. It'll be interesting to see when those who came on during ATYCLB or HTDAAB go through a Joshua Tree to Achtung Baby type musical switch in real time. "I waited four years for this?

*snerk* :giggle:
interesting.......... :hmm:

While i may have not liked a few individual songs within each Musical SHIFT.....i've found many songs to love in each era!
And usually MOST of thosehave translated into powerrful, incredible, or wonderful !LIVE! performances .. :drool: :drool:
Been seeing them live since 83/84.

This stuff sounds pretty exciting so far! :yes:
Puts up her Campers chair, with water & food supply for the "long"(?) haul - but hopes it won't be toooo long [ ie like past 2008] for actual album to be released.

Back
Top Bottom