KROQ has played 'Window in the Skies' - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cleaned up version sounds a bit worse in sound quality to me and the intro is short :hmm: but maybe the cleaned intro can be pasted over the other version?

Utoo said:
I say forget about getting "cleaned" versions, etc., messed around by other people. Listen to the radio one for now and then listen to the CD-quality, true rip that will be out soon. :shrug:

It's not messed around by people. It's also from a radio broadcast, this time out of Germany.

People are just calling it clean because there isn't any Radiohead being faded out at the beginning of it, so you can hear that part of the song better (although the beginning is cut off slightly).

But you are right - the CD is out in two weeks anyway, and you know a rip from it will appear on the torrent sites any day now.

u2norway"at"broadpark.no

I tried before, but it expired.

Another thing, though. I get a christmas feeling from this song. Probably the rythm. But the end reminds me of how Bono sang "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)". Or am I an idiot? ;) Anyone? Listen to the way Bono sings at 03:14 in the radio version with radiohead.

This song makes me happy. And now I can't wait for Santa.

phanan said:

It's not messed around by people. It's also from a radio broadcast, this time out of Germany.

gotcha. i figured it was a version where someone had cut the radiohead out themselves and then tinkered with the audio to make it sound nicer

redkat said:
mike ( canadiens) made that :up:

That thing scared the shit out of me when it popped up on my screen.

windowsbonoheadthing.jpg

i love it.

awesome skills :up:

LemonMelon said:

I can hardly wait till a month goes by and you all start bashing the song. :drool:

Not gonna happen with me. Only once before has my first impression of a U2 song changed dramatically over time. I really like this song, and probably always will. :)

Lancemc said:

Not gonna happen with me. Only once before has my first impression of a U2 song changed dramatically over time. I really like this song, and probably always will. :)

Yeah, you seem to be pretty crazy about it. :wink: I'm talking more about the people that put:

":drool: :drool: :drool: :combust:"

and then later say:

"What the hell happened??? I want my Pop© pacifier :sad: "

...much like with HTDAAB. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom