KROQ has played 'Window in the Skies' - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadiens1160 said:
It's coming up soon on KROQ again. Got the recorder on and will upload a cleaner version if I gots it.

:bow:

:giggle: Place your bets on what song will interrupt it now!

my vote goes for... coldplay :lol:

andyuk said:
anyone have a version without the radiohead bit at the start?

The 3 links I posted above have only the dj saying "Rock" at the beginning then the music starts and at the end he says "some bands you can just tell who it is"..

Slipstream said:

The 3 links I posted above have only the dj saying "Rock" at the beginning then the music starts and at the end he says "some bands you can just tell who it is"..

no there is a radiohead song playing over U2 for the first 20 sec of the song!

The shackles are undone
the bullet's quit the gun
the heat that's in the sun
will keep us when there's none
the rule has been disproved
the stone it has been moved
the grain is now a groove
all debts are removed

While the lyrics revisit their recurring brokenhearted, bittersweet love song teritorry, anyone else seeing a Biblical inspiration in the start, specifically in the last 4 lines of this verse?

andyuk said:

no there is a radiohead song playing over U2 for the first 20 sec of the song!

Crap...sorry...Radiohead is at the beginning of those links. I'm at work and didn't notice...lol...now we need a clean version..argggg

wow, i will be amazingly happy if the new album sounds like this :drool:, what a bloody good day in U2 world, a great show in aus, and now this,

cant stop listening to it

and totally unlike anything i have heard on the radio latley, i hope this becomes the hit it deserves

While I was waiting for the song, I made these.

ohshitsonqk7.gif

uhohbonoft0.gif

U2girl said:
The shackles are undone
the bullet's quit the gun
the heat that's in the sun
will keep us when there's none
the rule has been disproved
the stone it has been moved
the grain is now a groove
all debts are removed

While the lyrics revisit their recurring brokenhearted, bittersweet love song teritorry, anyone else seeing a Biblical inspiration in the start, specifically in the last 4 lines of this verse?

YES! Grace coming in2 play through Jesus' redemptive death.

Chains of death being broken, the Law (rule) seeing its completion in Christ, the stone at the burial chamber being moved, all sins (debts) 4given, removed.

It could also b interpreted as about Africa and a lot of other things, so don't bite my head off if U disagree.

If you analyze it enough, you could probably find religious significance in Twist n Shout.

Well, it's a damn good pop song, that's for sure. I love Rubin's production. This could be an announcement of something very special in the future. Bono's voice is very good and Edge needs a fire extinguisher.

I think I like it better than both Electrical Storm and The Sweetest Thing.

Oh, and that chorus is incredibly infectious. I can't get it out of my head.

Oh can't you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what the love has done...

This is the original mp3 we got from Canadiens and now has been copied into at least these 3 links, 2 of which are mine with the ysi the newest of the three. It also is the copy with Radiohead in the background for the first 20 secs.

*links removed by Bonochick - no links to commercially released material, even if it isn't out yet*

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. But I am certainly not blown away by it. Perhaps it's a grower. Definitely has a John Lennon post beattles vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom