Just Happy New Album Is Coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
With all these leak threads driving me mad and others I suspect too (even the ones involved in all 10 editions...) lets focus on the positive.

New album weeks away... new tour months away... this is a great time!

I'm excited. I'm just happy to be alive and get to a new U2 album.

U2 albums have always come at big times in my life, so I hope this record relates to me finally reaching my own dream in 2009.

I'm excited, but some of these threads are depressing. Who cares about the leak? We are guaranteed to hear the album on March 3rd... isn't that enough?

Let's be happy. We are killing our own excitement. And I still don't consider hearing it until I hold the CD in my hand, but that's me. I enjoy the whole waiting... being teased by clips and singles... it makes it more fun.

It's coming soon. And that is all that matters.

After 4.5 years, I'm hardly pleased that it's coming out "soon", but whatever. To each their own. Realistically, there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

I'm happy to be alive too!

We'll all look back at these times and remember the inner excitement that comes with a U2 album release. I know that I'll miss these days even though if I have to endure another leak pun, I might explode.

You may want to check the rules, I'm not sure this is allowed...

:lol:

I am trying to be excited and happy about the new album (curse you leak people). It's right around the corner, and it will be so nice just to have some new U2 to listen to after all this time. :heart:

I am very excited and happy new U2 is on the way:hyper:
4 years is a long time to wait..but yeah I guess even I can wait another 2 weeks...or at least another week :reject::hmm::hyper:

After 4.5 years, I'm hardly pleased that it's coming out "soon", but whatever. To each their own. Realistically, there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

True, but on a bigger level, one has to be pleased that we're 30+ years in to U2's career and they're STILL intact and playing at peak form, which is incredible. I keep reminding myself of that as I lose my mind waiting for the leak. What's also incredible is that even if one concedes that the last two albums haven't aged as well as some of the earlier ones (which I don't concede!), I think it's undeniable that U2 is playing better live, as a band, these days than at any point in their careers. U2 shows today are so, so much better than they used to be, which is mind-blowing if you think about it.

One of your more perplexing posts.

As LyricalDrug articulated, it would probably be best to simply be grateful that U2 is even a functioning entity at this point.

But, on a more selfish, superficial level, after all this time, I can't help but think "get the fuck on with it already".

We are very close people. Remember reading the "2009 will be our year" article back in Sept?? We thought we would never get the album and now were only 2 weeks away from the official release!!

Plus, nothing beats new U2 music in the nice spring weather!!

Yeah baby... this is what I'm talking about. The positive side! U2 music to me is the most positive and life affirming thing there is.

Great point about the band still being together and them getting better and better LIVE... last 2 tours to me have been mind blowing!

:heart: I am also so happy to be alive during this amazing time. I have been on a U2 high for months now awaiting this album...that alone, is awesome.. that u2 can lift my spirits and get me as excited as I have been feeling.
Life is good, and I am proud to be a U2 fan for so long... and I am thrilled that we will soon have some new U2!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

:heart: I am also so happy to be alive during this amazing time. I have been on a U2 high for months now awaiting this album...that alone, is awesome.. that u2 can lift my spirits and get me as excited as I have been feeling.
Life is good, and I am proud to be a U2 fan for so long... and I am thrilled that we will soon have some new U2!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

u2SJ, have you received a promo CD's this time around? I remember that you leaked Mercy back in 04.

As LyricalDrug articulated, it would probably be best to simply be grateful that U2 is even a functioning entity at this point.

But, on a more selfish, superficial level, after all this time, I can't help but think "get the fuck on with it already".

I hear you, just strikes me as a really odd sentiment two weeks out. :shrug:

We are very close people. Remember reading the "2009 will be our year" article back in Sept?? We thought we would never get the album and now were only 2 weeks away from the official release!!

Plus, nothing beats new U2 music in the nice spring weather!!

You can say that again!! Though I have never experienced a spring release, I always love listening to U2 on those early nice days of the Spring when all seems right with the world. Favorites at that point in time are: Streets, IGC, Rise up, Levitate and Are you gonna wait forever.

I too remember reading the article in September and was so dissapointed/upset at the time that I took a couple weeks long blue crack leave!! I could not imagine doing that now, but the summer seemed especially slow and boring around here and I was hoping for things to pick up in September w/ the new material. I had a very light fall on interference, after last winter and spring being on it all the time. It was, in summary, not a fun time and I remember thinking back then(though I never doubted U2) that Feb/March was way too damn long to wait. Now, as you say, we are here and lets just enjoy the lead up to an album release, the fan reviews and the many setlist parties to come!

You can say that again!! Though I have never experienced a spring release, I always love listening to U2 on those early nice days of the Spring when all seems right with the world. Favorites at that point in time are: Streets, IGC, Rise up, Levitate and Are you gonna wait forever.

I too remember reading the article in September and was so dissapointed/upset at the time that I took a couple weeks long blue crack leave!! I could not imagine doing that now, but the summer seemed especially slow and boring around here and I was hoping for things to pick up in September w/ the new material. I had a very light fall on interference, after last winter and spring being on it all the time. It was, in summary, not a fun time and I remember thinking back then(though I never doubted U2) that Feb/March was way too damn long to wait. Now, as you say, we are here and lets just enjoy the lead up to an album release, the fan reviews and the many setlist parties to come!

Thats the spirit. I remember watching from afar the Vertigo setlist parties. I can't wait to participate in this tour's festivities.

Back
Top Bottom