Joe O'Heirley told me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coach

War Child
I don't know if I misspelled his name, if I did I'm sorry.

I met Joe two weeks ago, he is the current sound engineer on Dolores o'Riordan's solo tour. I saw her play in Copenhagen and at the end of the show I saw him in the mixing desk (stuart morgan was also there), he said word around the U2 camp is an album late 2008 with a tour in 2009, oh and that Dolores is playing Mexico City in august in case anyones interested : )

Anywhoo, i don't know how true that will be or if it's just a soundbite they do to keep geeky fans like me at bay.

Well, pretty much everyone on interference could have told you that. :wink:

Late 2008 is too far off for all these predictions...It's a logical date, but a bit ridiculous if you think about it.

LemonMelon said:
Well, pretty much everyone on interference could have told you that. :wink:

Late 2008 is too far off for all these predictions...It's a logical date, but a bit ridiculous if you think about it.

4 years wait

:p

I don't think it's ridiculous. Paul made it pretty clear that he'll only consider 4th quarter releases, and it's way too late now to be thinking about late 2007. That makes it 2008, and a tour following in '09 sounds awesome.
got to start saving money.....

There are enough great releases this year to keep us busy anyway...

Arcade Fire
The Shins
LCD Soundsystem
Wilco
Paul McCartney
White Stripes
Ryan Adams
Radiohead
Coldplay

:up:

U2isthebest said:

I haven't been to Coldplay's website in ages. Are there any rumors as to when we'll be graced with this album?:hyper:

:p You're better off not going there...it's becoming U2.com mach II. :uhoh: I can't even see half of what's written there. It's all chickenscratch that's being mistaken as personable, readable information. :happy:

LemonMelon said:

:p You're better off not going there...it's becoming U2.com mach II. :uhoh: I can't even see half of what's written there. It's all chickenscratch that's being mistaken as personable, readable information. :happy:

Wow....well, at least they're no longer hiding their desire to be U2's ugly stepsister!:happy:

picturevx7.jpg

"Hello, iltola, Ben-Hur guten tag Korrich!
Welcame IO he now Coldpog.can! We are nev Carlnor of an onn web8ite
We hope gn like it
Its goimg K qet bette g betteR
Lave Cordple ~~~~

If ya see a stan, thank entry is NEW. Hew new kings and new old things will be caming all the time
(well maybe twice r week)"

:happy:

LemonMelon said:
picturevx7.jpg

We hope gn like it
Lave Cordple ~~~~

If ya see a stan, thank entry is NEW. Hew new kings and new old things will be caming all the time

I can read that fine :|

coach said:
I don't know if I misspelled his name, if I did I'm sorry.

I met Joe two weeks ago, he is the current sound engineer on Dolores o'Riordan's solo tour. I saw her play in Copenhagen and at the end of the show I saw him in the mixing desk (stuart morgan was also there), he said word around the U2 camp is an album late 2008 with a tour in 2009, oh and that Dolores is playing Mexico City in august in case anyones interested : )

Anywhoo, i don't know how true that will be or if it's just a soundbite they do to keep geeky fans like me at bay.

Pretty much what anyone with common sense has been saying around here.

Re: Re: Joe O'Heirley told me...

Dusty Bottoms said:

Pretty much what anyone with common sense has been saying around here.

Maybe they've been guessing that recently, but until a couple of months ago many people were predicting 2007. It's nice to see it in a more concrete form.

Re: Re: Re: Joe O'Heirley told me...

ntalwar said:

Maybe they've been guessing that recently, but until a couple of months ago many people were predicting 2007. It's nice to see it in a more concrete form.

Only the fools were predicting 2007.

LemonMelon said:
picturevx7.jpg

We hope gn like it
Lave Cordple ~~~~

:drool:

I :heart: nonsense...

You'd think a band in the later half of their career would be anxious to put out as much material as they could before they decide to hang it up, but no. I guess it all goes with taking every precaution to stay 'relevant'.

Rich79 said:
You'd think a band in the later half of their career would be anxious to put out as much material as they could before they decide to hang it up, but no. I guess it all goes with taking every precaution to stay 'relevant'.

Not really, its just how they work. It takes alot of time, planning and energy for a group like U2 to put out an album and tour. Its at a minimum a 2 year commitment for them. Sure they want to stay relevent but the timing of the albums and touring arent part of that IMO. If it was about that they would most likely do the opposite. Release albums all the time so they dont stay out of the spotlight for very long.

Back
Top Bottom