Jazz - a genre still not explored well by U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't wanna see U2 recording a jazz influenced album...
they already did it with IYWTVD...velvet dress is a great song...something in that way would be fine...but more as a b-side

^ IYWTVD...both versions are beautifully jazzy, Bono has a great voice for it and I think they should try to do some more songs in that manner. I don't think I would like a whole album of jazzy songs from them but a few would be nice!

JCOSTER said:
^ IYWTVD...both versions are beautifully jazzy, Bono has a great voice for it and I think they should try to do some more songs in that manner. I don't think I would like a whole album of jazzy songs from them but a few would be nice!
Pretty much my opinion :up: I don't mean to insult any U2 members as they are all great musicians, but you actually have to have chops to play Jazz. Without prior knowledge and tons of going up and down jazz specific scales and chords they would really have a tough time recording anything that sounds better than Jazz Lite.

People dismiss jazz players sometimes because they seem to be playing random shit and having gratuitous solos, but the truth is there is years and years of music theory stacked behind those guys, or amazing natural talent.

JOFO said:

And my opinion is that it's ignorant to just dismiss the only genre of music that America has contributed to the world. To do that to me is being rude.

It isn't ignorant. It is a matter iof taste. I don't like the taste of coffee, does that make me ignorant? No.

Back
Top Bottom