iTunes cheating album plays?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonoisgodly

The Fly
Something odd I've just noticed is that the amount of times I've played the SOI songs significantly increases every time I synch my phone to my computer. I synched it once just a few moments ago and the amount of plays for EBW for example went from 187 to 232. I thought there was no way that could happen in just a few days. So then I synched it again and it jumped up to 266 plays. :crack:

Something odd I've just noticed is that the amount of times I've played the SOI songs significantly increases every time I synch my phone to my computer. I synched it once just a few moments ago and the amount of plays for EBW for example went from 187 to 232. I thought there was no way that could happen in just a few days. So then I synched it again and it jumped up to 266 plays. :crack:

That's not happening in mine.

If I synch it once, then play a song on my phone, and then synch it again, the plays for that song dramatically increase each time.

It's called a software bug.

Sent from my fingertips.

So I can confirm this happened to me and it's not a "U2 conspiracy". It has to do with iOS 8, it increase the play count randomly it seems. If you play a song 5 times, it registers double digit plays. When I used my old iPhone 3 that has iOS 5.1, the play count was spot on.

I wish they didn't have bugs like this, it's like why have a play count if you can make it meaningless with an update that has a bug that is still not fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom