Italians do it better [RUMOR]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
with this new info...

June/July/Aug 2009 - EUROPE OUTDOORS
Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2009 - NORTHAMERICA INDOORS
Feb/Mar 2010 - AUS + NZ + Japan + ROW OUTDOORS
Mar/Apr/May 2010 - EUROPE INDOORS
Jun/July/Aug 2010 - NORTHAMERICA OUTDOORS
Sept/Oct 2010 - SOUTHAMERICA OUTDOORS finale in Chile :love:

that sounds about right :wink: with a new album by December, and the new songs played in 2010

Sam told me that they're just planning 2009..."for the moment" he said....I think they're in hq working on the promotion of the album, I just went to Dublin for a weekend and made a walk in hanover quay...I was lucky!:wink:...I could see Bono without his hat!

Good for you Lucia!!! :drool:

Perchè non posti le tue due foto con Bono e Adam così nessuno può dubitare delle tue parole.

For not-italian speaking people I have just asked Lucia to post her two pictures with Bono and Adam... ...You can find them on U2place.it

with this new info...

June/July/Aug 2009 - EUROPE OUTDOORS
Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2009 - NORTHAMERICA INDOORS
Feb/Mar 2010 - AUS + NZ + Japan + ROW OUTDOORS
Mar/Apr/May 2010 - EUROPE INDOORS
Jun/July/Aug 2010 - NORTHAMERICA OUTDOORS
Sept/Oct 2010 - SOUTHAMERICA OUTDOORS finale in Chile :love:

that sounds about right :wink: with a new album by December, and the new songs played in 2010
Why would U2 go indoors in Europe after having been outdoors months before? It makes no sense, specially knowing that the european audiences much prefer stadium gigs than in pavillions/indoor spaces.

It'd make much more sense something like:

July-September 09 - Europe Outdoors
November-December 09 - South America Outdoors
January-February 10 - Aus+NZ+Jap+S.Africa Outdoors
March-April 10 - North America Indoors
June-July 10 - North America Outdoors
August-September 10 - Europe Outdoors

Why would U2 go indoors in Europe after having been outdoors months before? It makes no sense, specially knowing that the european audiences much prefer stadium gigs than in pavillions/indoor spaces.

It'd make much more sense something like:

July-September 09 - Europe Outdoors
November-December 09 - South America Outdoors
January-February 10 - Aus+NZ+Jap+S.Africa Outdoors
March-April 10 - North America Indoors
June-July 10 - North America Outdoors
August-September 10 - Europe Outdoors

No chance of this happening as the US is there big market for album sales. Do you honestly think they would release an album in March 09 and not tour the US until March 10!

hi,

I'm Lucia - Luxy - the italian girl who was in Hanover quay last thursday.
First of all thanks for the big lasagna picture, that's my favourite meal....:applaud:
About the rumours, I just posted to my friends of u2place.com the news that I had from Sam O'Sullivan and Adam Clayton. They both told me, even if it's still unofficial, that the single will be released on radio the 19th of january and the tour will start next summer in Spain, probably at the end of june...they're gonna play in my country in July and Adam told about Amsterdam too.
They also added that they missed the first leg in Usa because the new album in coming out next march. So the tour will start in europe (stadiums) and then Usa (indoor shows).Talking with Sam O'sullivan ( one of the kindest man I've ever spoken to) I understood something about O2 in London ( maybe 2 shows ) but I'm not sure, but he confirmed me that the album is done and it's already in production.
There were people working for the promonotial things too, so it's clear that the big machine is moving on!...I had the impression that they're in hurry, quite nervous and definitely busy!!...but it's ok...they're gonna make it as always.

luxy

Thanks for coming over here and posting this!

Good for you Lucia!!! :drool:

Perchè non posti le tue due foto con Bono e Adam così nessuno può dubitare delle tue parole.

For not-italian speaking people I have just asked Lucia to post her two pictures with Bono and Adam... ...You can find them on U2place.it

e come si fa?

No chance of this happening as the US is there big market for album sales. Do you honestly think they would release an album in March 09 and not tour the US until March 10!

If they wanna go indoors in the NA, that's okay. But then, where are they gonna put Australia/NZ, Japan and South America? It can only be between November and February (and I don't see it happen in 2010-11, only 2009-10). And Europe outside the May-September track? Forget it...

What about:

Summer 09: Euro stadiums
Fall 09: North 'merican stadiums and/or arenas
Early (winter in the north/summer here) 2010: Latin American megastadiums
Summer 2010: North 'merican stadiums and/or arenas
Late (spring/summer in these places) 2010: Pacific (+South Africa?)

u2place.jpg

u2place2.jpg

grande Lucia!!!!!! As you can see... ...Bono is jealous of your eyeliner while Adam is always very happy to pose with young beautiful ladies!!!

Wow, thanks for this info Lucia!

The amsterdam-part is really disappointing. I wanna see my favourite band, but they will perform in a horrible place, the Amstedam Arena. It's a pity this is a LiveNation stadium. If you wanna have good quality music, you should stay far way from that place. You go to the best band in the world, and all you ill hear is this enormous delay and echo. Edge doesn't have to work, the stadium takes care of the delay itself.

Wow, thanks for this info Lucia!

The amsterdam-part is really disappointing. I wanna see my favourite band, but they will perform in a horrible place, the Amstedam Arena. It's a pity this is a LiveNation stadium. If you wanna have good quality music, you should stay far way from that place. You go to the best band in the world, and all you ill hear is this enormous delay and echo. Edge doesn't have to work, the stadium takes care of the delay itself.

indeed. the only place where the sound is good is in front of the stage where the sound is loud enough to drown out the stadium delay

Last tour two times near the stage and one time near the b-stage:drool:

they are there meeting up in regards to production, promotion and touring details I imagine.

I'm new here ... bla bla bla :wave: ...
Indeed they are working on, planing details for tour (+ promo stuff for new CD, ...)
Friend of my, who is working at the production for one promoter in area of mid Europe ( you'll will understand that must pay attention to not share those info's too clear :hmm: that will be possible to find out who is "deep throat" :D ) told me that U2, LN and agent started to plan tour. Some venues are already pre-booked, some other promoters received 1st info's related their shows, some others went "called" to send offers.

I would prefer O2 as well

But i can see the following:-

x2 Wembley Stadium
x2 City of Manchester Stadium
x1 Millenium Stadium
x1 Hampden Park
x2 Croke Park

If the tour comes to the UK around August, then City of Manchester Stadium will be a no-go - the premiership will be well under way by then.

I remember Man City had to play one of their home games in the intertoto cup at another ground last year. A foo fighters gig held at their ground over the summer tore the pitch up.

They won't play the cricket ground there either as there is hardly any seating - so if an outdoor tour does swing to the UK late summer, Manchester might be given a miss altogether!

If the tour comes to the UK around August, then City of Manchester Stadium will be a no-go - the premiership will be well under way by then.

I remember Man City had to play one of their home games in the intertoto cup at another ground last year. A foo fighters gig held at their ground over the summer tore the pitch up.

They won't play the cricket ground there either as there is hardly any seating - so if an outdoor tour does swing to the UK late summer, Manchester might be given a miss altogether!

I highly doubt manchester will be missed out, well at least i hope not anyway, as i cannot see them coming near liverpool so manchester would be the closest for me :(

Here is my prediction:

Late May - Dublin - Croke Park - 4 Shows

June/July/Early August - Europe Stadiums

Mid-Late August - Break

Early-Sept/Oct/Nov/Early Dec - U.S. Indoors

Mid-Dec.-Mid-Jan. '10 - Break

Mid-Jan '10/Feb/March - AUS + NZ + Japan

Remainder TBD

I highly doubt manchester will be missed out, well at least i hope not anyway, as i cannot see them coming near liverpool so manchester would be the closest for me :(

Maybe they'll do birmingham instead, that's not too far for you is it? I'd rather see them in Manchester though, especially if I've started at Uni there by then :)
... and ANYWHERE'S better than London :lol:

HORIZON TOUR 2009 - EUROPE - LEG 1

JUNE

07 ?
09 Valencia
10 Valencia
14 Rome
16 Rome
18 Milan
20 Paris
21 Paris
23 Brussels
25 Rotterdam
26 Rotterdam

JULY

01 London
02 London
04 London
05 London
08 Dublin
09 Dublin
11 Dublin
12 Edinburgh
14 ?
16 Copenhagen
18 Stockholm
25 Helsinki
26 Tallin
27 Moscow
29 Bucharest
30 ?

AUGUST

01 ?
02 ?
03 italy ?
07 ?
08 ?
09 Berlin
-- ?
-- ?
-- ?

I got it from another forum

:D:D:D:D

HORIZON TOUR 2009 - EUROPE - LEG 1

JUNE

07 ?
09 Valencia
10 Valencia
14 Rome
16 Rome
18 Milan
20 Paris
21 Paris
23 Brussels
25 Rotterdam
26 Rotterdam

JULY

01 London
02 London
04 London
05 London
08 Dublin
09 Dublin
11 Dublin
12 Edinburgh
14 ?
16 Copenhagen
18 Stockholm
25 Helsinki
26 Tallin
27 Moscow
29 Bucharest
30 ?

AUGUST

01 ?
02 ?
03 italy ?
07 ?
08 ?
09 Berlin
-- ?
-- ?
-- ?

I got it from another forum

:D:D:D:D

I saw this and whilst most of it seems quite credible, where in Tallin would they play ? The biggest stadium only holds around 10k.
With regards to Manchester Old Trafford (cricket) has held a few shows i dont think the lack of seats would be a problem. I say give Birmingham a shot for once, Villa Park for instance

I saw this and whilst most of it seems quite credible, where in Tallin would they play ? The biggest stadium only holds around 10k.
But Tallinn have big fields where up to 100.000 people can go.... and very nice girls twoooooo :heart: :applaud:

We should organize a trip of Interferencers living in Europe to the opening concert of the tour (if Europe gets the first leg, of course).

Back
Top Bottom