Italians do it better [RUMOR]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't wanna start a new topic about Spanish dates, but can anyone summarize what they say here? Rumors/Info on Spanish concerts?

31 de diciembre de 2008
Valencia y Las Palmas quieren a U2 en 2009

Según publica Levante-EMV, el presidente de la Diputación de Valencia, Alfons Rus, ha admitido que U2 actuará en Valencia, más concretamente en el Circuito Ricardo Tormo, aunque todavía no hay fechas cerradas. Levante-EMV ya adelantaba en octubre de este año que el concierto estaba a falta de unos flecos para cerrarse pero que la promotora de su gira ya había dado el visto bueno a las instalaciones de Cheste.

La gira de U2 está organizada por la promotora norteamericana Live Nation la misma que trajo a Valencia a Madonna y Police. La gira de U2, salvo cambios de última hora, comenzará en verano. Aunque todo depende de su nuevo disco, cuyo título provisional es No line on the horizon. El trabajo debía haberse publicado en otoño pero el grupo irlandés decidió modificar el repertorio inicial previsto y aún trabaja en su conclusión.

Las Palmas se suma a la puja

Hace varios días, nos llegó información de que la promotora Maldito Rodríguez podría llevar a U2 al Estadio de Gran Canaria en Las Palmas. La fórmula para llenar el estadio radicaría en la venta de parte de las entradas a través de un tour-operador para colocarlas en la Península y el extranjero. Maldito Rodríguez ni desmiente ni confirma la noticia, pero a día de hoy, sólo es un rumor más que, sin embargo, refleja el interés de todas las ciudades por hacerse con una fecha dentro del calendario de la gira de U2 para 2009-10.

Probably the only way I get to see more than 1-2 shows is if the tour starts in Europe in the summer and goes to the states in the fall. so fingers crossed.

around 2 weeks ago, a newspaper said that U2 should be playing in CHILE in OCTOBER 2010

Madonna was here on Dec 10 and 11, and then, Live Nation people started talks about U2, and it's bascially a lock that U2's coming to Southamerica, and the proposed idea is that date, October 2010

so... let's play with this...

June/July/August 2009 - Europe
Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec - US + Canada + Mexico
Feb/Mar - Australia + NZ + Japan
New Album
May/June/July/August - Europe + US + ROW
Oct/Nov - Southamerica (End of Tour)

ending in Chile, of course :wink:

The thing is that the promoter that brought Madonna to Lisbon in 2004 and 2008 was not the same that brought U2.
The one that brought U2 to Lisbon in 2005 was the same one that was supposed to bring back Depeche Mode (they cancelled due to financial troubles with... the promoter) - both played in Estádio de Alvalade. And U2 played in Estádio de Alvalade (the new one was specifically conceived to have concert shows) the three times they came (1993, 1997 and 2005 - in 1982 it was in a festival in the North), so I hope they repeat it.

I didn't wanna start a new topic about Spanish dates, but can anyone summarize what they say here? Rumors/Info on Spanish concerts?

31 de diciembre de 2008

Según publica Levante-EMV, el presidente de la Diputación de Valencia, Alfons Rus, ha admitido que U2 actuará en Valencia, más concretamente en el Circuito Ricardo Tormo, aunque todavía no hay fechas cerradas. Levante-EMV ya adelantaba en octubre de este año que el concierto estaba a falta de unos flecos para cerrarse pero que la promotora de su gira ya había dado el visto bueno a las instalaciones de Cheste.

La gira de U2 está organizada por la promotora norteamericana Live Nation la misma que trajo a Valencia a Madonna y Police. La gira de U2, salvo cambios de última hora, comenzará en verano. Aunque todo depende de su nuevo disco, cuyo título provisional es No line on the horizon. El trabajo debía haberse publicado en otoño pero el grupo irlandés decidió modificar el repertorio inicial previsto y aún trabaja en su conclusión.

Hace varios días, nos llegó información de que la promotora Maldito Rodríguez podría llevar a U2 al Estadio de Gran Canaria en Las Palmas. La fórmula para llenar el estadio radicaría en la venta de parte de las entradas a través de un tour-operador para colocarlas en la Península y el extranjero. Maldito Rodríguez ni desmiente ni confirma la noticia, pero a día de hoy, sólo es un rumor más que, sin embargo, refleja el interés de todas las ciudades por hacerse con una fecha dentro del calendario de la gira de U2 para 2009-10.

I took 4 years of Spanish in high school and I really wish I remembered most of it.:doh:

When Vertigo was released to radio back in 2004 wasn't it made available on itunes shortly after, way before the single was released on CD? If that's the case then maybe the new single would be available for download fairly soon as well.

When Vertigo was released to radio back in 2004 wasn't it made available on itunes shortly after, way before the single was released on CD? If that's the case then maybe the new single would be available for download fairly soon as well.

The way I remember it, a high quality MP3 of Vertigo leaked a few hours after it was played on the radio, and it showed up on iTunes the next day.

IDK if its been mentioned already, but this thread's title is f-ing killing me....its hilarious.

Italians do it better (RUMOR)

:lol::lol::lol:

the (RUMOR) part is the kicker!:applaud:

My god, I can't stop laughing here, man!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:hmm: Interesting. Start in Europe, stadiums. I guess between March and start of July (Spain, Italy, then Amsterdam) there's plenty of time to rehearse.

(but no doubt a second US leg to follow in 2010...)

31 de diciembre de 2008

It only says that promotors are trying to bring U2 to stadiums in Valencia and Las Palmas (Spain), but there is nothing confirmed.

Well, the president of Valencia region said U2 will play in Valencia next summer. This is not a rumor, is a fact, and won't say "problaby"...

This man could be lying (he is a politician after all), of course, but this is not a rumor

January 19th seems a bit too early, if it was being released then shouldn't we have heard it by now? Maybe it will be released to radio/MTV on the 19th.

January 19th seems a bit too early, if it was being released then shouldn't we have heard it by now? Maybe it will be released to radio/MTV on the 19th.

This only concerns the radio release. That said, I think the 19th is fairly reasonable.

This means it will be released to the radio on this day

I'm all for them opening the tour in Europe but please please for the love of God leave the UK till after my June exams. July/August is fine, I have no other plans but in June I'll have university exams and that'll mean a repeat of the stress of 4 years ago when I had to miss out due to exams! Only this time I'm an adult so my parents can't influence my priorities lol.

u2 comes first before my exams. I hope i have money when tickets go on sale though.

^ Same with me this time, no chance in hell I'm missing out. All being well they will start in Spain/Italy in late June as I think has been speculated and then roll into the UK July or August.

Personally, I'm going to see if I can get tickets to a Dublin gig; I've never been to Ireland so it would be great to go somewhere new and watch U2 in their hometown. Now if only the £ wasnt so fucked against the euro lol

I hope they don't play UK in stadiums in June/July as it just don't feel right when they come on stage at 8.45pm and its still bloody light! espically if they have a big screen etc as you can't see anything on it!

Heres me hoping for a late August show as then 8.45pm will at least be dusky!

Yeah i had the same idea. Im thinking of a Manchester show and maybe if they go play the o2 down in London.

Just checked Wembley Stadium website and they have the follwoing lined up for the Summer 09

June 26th - ACDC
July 1st, 2nd, 4th & 5th - Take That
July 9th, 11th & 12th - Oasis
Aug 9th - Community Shield Football Match
Aug 29th - Rugby Match

Looks like it gonna be anythime from mid July to mid Aug as looks like nothing as been announced at this time

Back
Top Bottom