Italians do it better [RUMOR]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool. And to not know the setlist off by heart either wouldve been a great feeling im sure!

everytime I tell myself not to look at the setlists but I fail misserably.
This will be the first time since 1987(!!!) that I do not know what they play.

God give me strenght :wink:

I saw night 2 in San Diego for Vertigo. Night one sold out in minutes. Was a great show tho. a lot of cool buzz at the begining.

On the same side... PopMart in San Diego (show number 2 of the tour I think) was a little lack luster compared to the shows further down.

It was just that afterwards everyone was all "so great" yada yada, and after seeing U2 a few times, I knew it wasn't their best effort. But yes, the whole last minute call from a friend with an extra ticket, booking a flight, flying out, best cabdriver in Vegas, returning home the next morning was worth it! Oh, and my friend winning money at the craps table and tipping me $100!

Cheer up Lila! I'd have loved that! Hiccups and all!:wink:

hiccups, that is an extremely polite of way of putting it. :wink: but, i would have loved to been there.

was at the first elevation, and the beginning with the lights on, the whole bit was great. i hadn't looked at the rehearsal stuff, and was completely surprised. that was worth the travel to be there.

if the songs official radio release is Monday 19th Jan expect to hear the song premeire on certain Radio stations on the Thursday and Friday of the week before this is usual practice for the big new releases

if the songs official radio release is Monday 19th Jan expect to hear the song premeire on certain Radio stations on the Thursday and Friday of the week before this is usual practice for the big new releases

once a more unscrupulous station plays the song a few days early, its a green light for everyone else. The company can't stop it once its happened, and lets face it, if you are the 150,000th station to play the song early, are you really going to get sued?

Yes, I do.
If that succeeds, I hope that it means that they'll get back to Europe in 2010 (it could be pretty possible, isn't it? Specially if they plan to release more material soon - this is just speculation-imagination). Then, if that's what'll happen, I hope they exclude Portugal from that first leg and include it on that 2010 leg.

And please, don't perform in Parque da Bela Vista (I hate that place! Very bad for big concert shows) like Madonna did.

around 2 weeks ago, a newspaper said that U2 should be playing in CHILE in OCTOBER 2010

Madonna was here on Dec 10 and 11, and then, Live Nation people started talks about U2, and it's bascially a lock that U2's coming to Southamerica, and the proposed idea is that date, October 2010

so... let's play with this...

June/July/August 2009 - Europe
Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec - US + Canada + Mexico
Feb/Mar - Australia + NZ + Japan
New Album
May/June/July/August - Europe + US + ROW
Oct/Nov - Southamerica (End of Tour)

ending in Chile, of course :wink:

italy-airport-map.png

get your boots on?

ending in Chile, of course :wink:

Don't get your hopes too high.
When they come to South America, they always play first at Chile. Brazil is the last. So, if you're right, the tour will end in Brazil.
Verrrry nice. :applaud::applaud:

have you ever BEEN to the shows? :happy:

the first time, for popmart, the last show before Australia and ROW was Chile... Brazil first, then Argentina, then Chile

Last time, for Vertigo, Brazil was first, then Chile, then Argentina

January 27, 1998: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Nelson Piquet Autodrome
February 11, 1998: Santiago, Chile @ Estadio Nacional

February 20, 2006: Sao Paulo, Brazil @ Morumbi Stadium
March 02, 2006: Buenos Aires, Argentina @ River Plate Stadium

Brazil ALWAYS first... the last Agentina or Chile... it's CHILE's time again :wink:

Oh, that's true. I was thinking about Mexico. I made a confusion cause I rember that I've got pissed cause they played songs that I wanted to hear at both shows. (Mexico and Chile) :doh:
Well, then I got to say that now it's Brazil's time. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom